Associate Director, Maintenance
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Leads Maintenance Services resources including personnel, equipment, and supplies in agreement to best maintenance processes and practices, ensuring the continuity of the operation and compliance with financial and regulatory policies and agencies.
- Develops a Maintenance Services Organization structuring and operating strategy, communicates, implements, and monitors performance of Maintenance KPI's to accomplish World Maintenance Excellence and to improve the productivity and quality of production processes.
- Identifies areas of opportunities to optimize equipment and systems using Maintenance Programs data, evaluating the impact on policies and regulations, developing action plans, and implementing.
- Develops, monitors and support the implementation state-of-the-art reliability of the maintenance systems and work processes to assure a high level of support for the efficiency and productivity of the Humacao site.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of short- and long-range business priorities and objectives by the effective communication with the site Manufacturing, Engineering and Corporate’s management to ensure alignment.
- Assures reliability and compliance of all maintenance equipment (e.g., Maintenance work orders, safety inspections, improvement, production maintenance support) for BMS Humacao Site by supporting operations leaders and planning personnel.
- Integrates different Maintenance Services for the Manufacturing Operations (B-41, B-37 and B-6 manufacturing, building utilities and MRO/CMMS support) by coordinating all efforts to ensure common objectives are maintained in alignment to site strategies.
- Develops, monitors, and controls Maintenance Services function budget, headcount and R&M spending.
- Provides support to the Global Reliability Excellence Program initiatives in Humacao and the GMS network.
- Accountable for implementing maintenance reliability improvement program and strategies to achieve the equipment reliability goals.
- As a member of the Engineering & Maintenance team, will initiate projects together with other functional groups and review engineering drawings, specifications and major maintenance activities like shutdowns, equipment modifications and improvements to enhance the equipment reliability.
- Troubleshoots routine and unusual problems and makes sure that proper spare parts inventory is available in the stock room.
- Ensures that all operations in all areas of responsibility are performed in compliance with cGMP Regulations and Company Policies/Procedures, also makes sure that personnel is trained in cGMP’s and SOP’s.
- Supports the Engineering and Maintenance Planning/Scheduling strategy for the Humacao site implementing new ways of working and objectives.
- Participates in operational strategic and planning meetings.
- Manages resources effectively and efficiently within budgetary constraints and evaluates personnel capabilities to provide adequate training.
- Manages Maintenance-related Exception Reports (e.g., Quality Investigation Reports, CAPA, Change Controls, etc.) assuring compliance with Federal and Local Regulatory Agencies (e.g., OSHA, EPA, FDA, DEA, etc).
- Participates in regulatory audits as SME and assure areas of responsibility readiness in preparation for Regulatory Agencies audits.
- Manages performance and facilitates development of direct reports following BMS policies and procedures.Maintains the Engineering and Maintenance SOP’s/Forms Documentation System
Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Engineering Science
- Ten (10) years of experience in a pharmaceutical industry manufacturing environment.
- At least Five (5) years within maintenance operation supervisory and / or managerial role.
- In depth knowledge of Maintenance Equipment and Maintenance Reliability systems.
- Knowledge of cGMP’s, SOP’s, Federal and local regulatory requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems for highly technical equipment.
- Ability to communicate a clear vision aligned with Site and Overall Business objectives.
- Proficient in the use of computer software (Work, Excel, Power Point, CMMS, & Training software packages)
- Proven ability to develop short and long term strategic plans to meet business direction/initiatives and comply with all legal obligations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and interact at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to balance competing priorities while completing agreed objectives upon projects in a timely manner. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines in a highly technical and rapidly changing environment.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) written and oral.
- Strong negotiating skills with contract services related to prices and technology
- Strong leadership/management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to read and interpret complex mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Ability to prepare and administer preventive and predictive maintenance programs/systems.
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotation shifts, weekends and holidays, when necessary.
- Occasional exposure to disagreeable conditions.
- Noise exposure area
- Occasional exposure to potentially hazardous conditions or chemical substances.
- Controlled temperature area
- Use of office and calibration equipment.
- Minimum personal protective equipment (safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat) required.
- Special gowning as defined and required in the Manufacturing and required areas.
- Frequent writing and use of keyboard
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.