IM Area Business Manager - CV ABM Kansas City, Kansas (4845646_)
Pfizer has a deep heritage and leadership in Cardiovascular Disease, and we are committed to providing breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. An integral part of Internal Medicine, the Cardiology Team’s mission is to bring breakthrough therapy for patients suffering from NVAF or VTE.
This role will report into the CARD RBD and will work with customer-facing and HQ teams across the organization. The Area Business Manager (ABM) will be responsible for the supervision and leadership of 9-12 representatives within the area assigned, sales performance of the business portfolio of products, and business knowledge of the area landscape to assess key stakeholders plus future trends within the business marketplace. This position will require regular in field and virtual coaching and observation of Field Representatives and frequent customer contact as well as the development of a strong, effective partnership with marketing and channel colleagues. The ABM will ensure compliant execution by team members, driving understanding of relevant policies and guidance and advancing a culture of integrity.
The CARD ABM is responsible for supervising operations of the District to include hiring, live coaching, virtual coaching, representative development, performance management, and the assignment of key "priority" accounts within the medical community, managing 9-12 representatives.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the District, business plan, and overall responsibility for budgets at District level in alignment with RBU expectations.
- Plans, organizes, and monitors performance to achieve the business potential of the District and the Division.
- Ensuring effective utilization of promotional material, making valuable contribution to the formulation of marketing plans for the year, measuring efficient implementation of the plans in the field and undertaking regular assessment of marketing activities as an integral part of the total marketing operations.
- Proactive data analysis to identify market trends.
- Collaborates, identifies, & motivates key account development and opportunities that impact Area/National business.
- Build relationships with customers (including KOLs) and key stakeholders (including members of the District and Area Management Teams, Channel Partners, and other cross-functional partners) and utilizes content appropriately for engagement.
- Develops external advocates and contributes to advocacy and community engagement (as necessary).
- Understands and champions the value of cross-functional collaboration to deliver on customer needs, while ensuring that compliance guardrails are respected by representatives.
- Coaches representatives on seamlessly connecting cross-functional colleagues reactively to address customer needs and how to use digital tools (e.g., digital triage app).
- Effectively plan and conduct plan of action and other meetings with Area Management Teams, Channel Partners, and other cross-functional partners.
- Collaborates, identifies, and partners with Marketing in the development of the key strategies, business imperatives and objectives during the Op Plan process.
- Maintains enhanced product and/or portfolio, disease state, and market knowledge in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers & representatives.
- Able to expertly operate digital and virtual tools/platforms.
- Leverages insights from new analytics tools (e.g., 360-degree customer insights).
- Maintains growth and entrepreneurial mindset to work through new working model (e.g., proactively identify areas of improvement with new hybrid rep responsibilities).
- Retains flexible time management in hybrid environment (e.g., time allocation of F2F v. virtual engagements to meet business objectives to maximize HCP engagement across large(r) geographies).
- Works with all members of District to coach and counsel on improvement of performance and skill execution of selling skills, product knowledge, and capabilities needed for successful representative development, including the development of business plans in a hybrid environment.
- Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant; has complete understanding of all relevant compliance policies and processes; escalates issues, as necessary, and ensures appropriate commitment to integrity within their team.
- Implements and upholds District standards with sales colleagues.
- Applies situational leadership skills (e.g., knowing when to intervene, aligning coaching to colleague’s developmental level on hybrid engagements).
- Employs multiple and interactive methods of coaching across all engagement types (e.g., virtual ‘ride along’, utilization of chat function while shadowing, F2F versus virtual coaching) to build hybrid rep capabilities (incl. hybrid selling skills).
- Builds strong team culture, colleague engagement, and morale in a hybrid environment.
- Promotes a feedback culture and continuous improvement mindset in team to assess quality of customer experience (e.g., uses virtual pulse surveys, team barometers, customer feedback).
- Set team goals and hold team members accountable for consistent adherence in a hybrid environment (e.g., time management, technical knowledge, communication, compliance, use of technology, meeting new virtual objectives (e.g., up to 50% virtual engagements)).
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience with at least 3-5 years spent in a position with demonstrated leadership across Peer and Customer Groups.
- Ability to develop and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver on Pfizer business imperatives.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer's long-term technology model in bringing Pfizer information to market.
- This position will require travel as needed to develop internal and external relationships.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of people management experience preferred
- Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred.
- Cross-functional collaboration mindset to facilitate ‘One Pfizer’ commitment to customer
- Feedback culture mindset, to proactively identify areas of improvement with new Rep 2.0 responsibilities
- Additional digital, Legal and Compliance training to ensure personal adherence, as well as leadership by example for team adherence (incl. contracting permissions/guidelines)
- Model/leader for change, agility, and adaptability
- Excellence in engaging customers and coaching team members in a hybrid environment, including: Enhanced competency level on virtual and digital tools/platforms
- Advanced virtual communication skills for customer engagement, team management, and remote collaboration
- Data-driven resource management to ensure proper channel deployment
- Multimodal coaching capabilities to account for hybrid model
- Demonstrated ability both to think strategically and to execute flawlessly to deliver results
- Strong track record of collaborative and motivational leadership and internal stakeholder management skills
- Enterprise thinking; anticipates consequences
- Excellent facilitation skills
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel to all Representatives within District as well as Area/National Meetings, as required
- Depending on size of District/Area and business need, candidates may be required to stay overnight as necessary
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: April 20, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sales#LI-Remote #LI-PFE