Production Operator 10pm-6am 3rd Shift (4838924_Rocky_Mount)
*** Pfizer now offering $4,000 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through June 30 ***
Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What You Will Achieve
The Production Operator is responsible for performing any combination of the following: prepares, processes, inspects, and packages commodities and/or finished product. Monitors and responds to basic functioning needs of area equipment, i.e. line speed, feeding product, line clearances, loading or unloading materials. This person is expected to adhere to all SOPs, CGMPs, plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time, professional development, and be accountable for own results.
- Manage the preparation, cleaning, and/or operation of various components, materials and equipment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, perform quality level checks, and document processing steps for various manufacturing / packaging / inspection equipment.
- Perform the cleaning and sanitization of the area as per the procedure.
- Maintain files and databases to ensure all documentation is current and complete.
- Communicating with peers, supervisors, and interdepartmental groups to provide for an efficient drug production process.
- Participate in Response Development to Regulatory Inspection Observations and execute corrective actions recommended as a part of cGMP/Regulatory compliance.
- Be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged.
- Be part of a team and work collaboratively with the broader Manufacturing Operations group.
- Suggest innovative ideas for the process simplification.
- Ability to comprehend and respond to verbal and written instructions/plant documents.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work independently or in groups effectively.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year of experience required.
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Pharmaceutical production experience
- Stand up to 8-12 hours per shift, sit for up to 2-4 hours per shift, twist at waist 10 times per hour, regularly lift up to 20 pounds per activity 5 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 pounds per activity 1 time per shift, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders/walk on catwalks
- Use computer terminal 1 hour per shift, respond to visual warning indicators, respond to audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, work with chemicals, work in hearing conservation area, work on knees occasionally
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Schedule is Monday - Friday on 3rd shift from 10pm-6am. May require OT and work on non-scheduled days given production.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing