Senior Associate Scientist, mRNA therapeutics (4844782_Cambridge)
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Pfizer’s BioMedicine Design Biotherapeutic Expression and Purification group (BEP) is seeking a candidate to join their team. The candidate will play an essential role in a high-energy RNA and biotherapeutic production research laboratory. The production group is responsible for non-GMP therapeutic candidate production, supporting the various Pfizer research units and their pre-clinical therapeutic in-vitro and in-vivo needs. The candidate will be responsible for in-vitro transcription (IVT), purification, and characterization of RNA products using state-of-the-art technologies and equipment. The candidate will also contribute to the group wide deliverables.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform and develop efficient IVT & purification protocols for novel RNA therapeutic candidates.
- Develop and conduct biochemical and cellular assays for production quality control
- Provide highly purified candidates to discovery project teams
- Routinely provide updates at project meetings
- Drive technology innovation: design and implement automation strategies for production and analysis
- Proactively evaluate emerging technologies to improve RNA production and QC workflow
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams including therapeutic discovery teams, research units, BTxPS, and R&D project leaders
- BS with 2-4 years or MS with 0-2 years of relevant experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, or a related discipline along with an understanding of biotherapeutic production
- Hands-on experience with purification (using affinity and traditional chromatographic techniques) on AKTA chromatography systems, including operating Unicorn and ChemStation software packages
- Knowledgeable and experienced in preparative and analytical chromatography methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Organized, detail oriented, multi-task, and remain flexible with changing needs
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under strict timeline
- Prior experience with DNA and RNA manipulation (including recombinant DNA techniques, IVT, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, purification and analysis).
- Prior experience in cell culture and cellular assays (including plate based assay, gel analysis, FACS, etc).
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development#LI-PFE