Senior Associate, Data Translator
Pfizer’s Senior Associate Data Translator role is responsible for leading projects that apply artificial intelligence methods (statistics, machine learning, optimization, NLP and other analytics) to business data to improve processes, predict outcomes and create actionable insights that streamline global manufacturing, release and distribution operations across over 45 factories worldwide.
Our team, PGS Operations Insights, partners with Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) teams focused on:
- COVID Vaccine C-suite executive visibility
- Manufacturing throughput efficiency and increased manufacturing yield
- Reduction of end-to-end cycle time and increase of percent release attainment
- Increased quality control lab throughput and more timely closure of quality assurance investigations
- Increased manufacturing yield (including of the COVID vaccine)
- More cost-effective network planning decisions and lowered inventory costs
The Senior Associate Data Translator will help PGS achieve these efficiencies by delivering her descriptive, predictive and prescriptive insights via custom-built web applications tailored to the needs of manufacturing, quality and supply chain end users.
The position requires a keen interest in the people and in the processes driving global supply chains, manufacturing and quality control for global biopharmaceutical operations, with much focus on individual users and their needs. It’s no secret that our team’s success to date is largely due to our rigorous policy of hiring big-hearted people who enjoy collaboration. Your strength as an internal consultant will enable you to:
- Build relationships between customers, business sponsors and developers, then translate these stakeholders’ needs into an analytic roadmap for your algorithmic insights.
- Unite stakeholders by translating technical information to non-technical sponsors and business information to developers.
Your expertise as a data scientist and rapid acquisition of domain and data expertise will enable you to see analytic opportunities that may not be as obvious to your user base, given their day-to-day focus on getting today’s job done. You will use analytic skills to:
- Identify relationships between manufacturing processes and disparate information systems.
- Quantify possible approaches to improving business metrics with analytical models
- Identify opportunities for insights – simulate and test the most promising approaches.
- Integrate new data and relationships into the PGS Knowledge Graph schema.
- Using scripting languages (Python), statistical computing platforms (R) and/or web apps, demonstrate new solutions to stakeholders.
- Build robust data pipelines and models to integrate your analytical insights into user-facing apps
- In collaboration with team members, document people-process-technology maps that guide analytic approaches to business problems.
In partnership with PGS, you will collaborate with an Agile team of business experts, full-stack developers, data engineers, and UX/UI designers to embed your algorithms into custom web applications delivered to thousands of end users globally. In this challenging role, you will:
- Support your team through an Agile Product development cycle, including planning, task definition, assignment, prioritization and retrospectives.
- In collaboration with a Scrum Master, ensure work tasks are completed on schedule to a high-quality standard and within configuration guidelines.
- Contribute to conversations with User Experience (UX) designers to build intuitive visualizations for complex product insights.
- Collaborate with a DevOps team to ensure that your algorithms have the necessary infrastructure and security resources to serve users on demand.
- Manage all aspects of your algorithm’s agile lifecycle, including maintaining appropriate documentation, supporting end user requests, reviewing code, and supporting system validation activities.
- Our Team has a culture of collaboration, learning, inclusion and mutual support that extends beyond each person’s purely technical abilities.
- Our Culture is hugely important to us. We recognize that people are the cornerstone of Pfizer’s success. We embrace career development & colleague engagement. As a team, we run our business together; each member’s input and expertise are essential to our success.
- Pfizer’s culture is founded on the pillars of Equity, Joy, Courage and Excellence.
- MS/MBA degree in Business Analytics, Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or related discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in similar role or field
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least two of the following: Product Ownership, Machine Learning, Optimization, Artificial Intelligence, ML DevOps
- Experience working with relational and/or graph databases, BI, Analytics, Big Data
- Agile mindset - ability to shift priorities quickly and adjust to changing business needs
- Good written and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate business and technical points to colleagues
- Experience and/or ability and willingness to work on diverse teams across the globe
- Experience in all stages of system and product lifecycle from value analysis, business case development, solution development and deployment through value realization and hyper care
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer system design and maintenance lifecycle in validated regulatory environments.
- Ability to inspire an Agile team, including experience with Jira and Jira Align
- Complex problem solving using applied mathematics and data science practices
- Ability to manage many parallel objectives and changing priorities. Understanding complex interrelationships between system components and design/implementation decisions.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Travel Requirements are project based.
- Estimated percentage of travel to support project and departmental activities is 20-25% depending upon the phase of any specific project (and pre-pandemic conditions).
Other Job Details
- Last day to apply: April 13, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE