Manager, Solution Delivery (4845140_)
Why Patients Need You
The Solution Engineer is a member of the Research & Development (R&D) Creation Center organization. Our mission is to help bring medicines to patients through the delivery of impactful and sustainable technology solutions for the research and development functions of Pfizer. This is accomplished by providing the talent for technology planning, project execution, application development, and application deployment excellence.
The Solution Engineer acts as a key technical resource for our rapidly evolving portfolio of solutions, assisting with the successful strategy outline, design, implementation, integration, and delivery of applications and services to the R&D line to support high quality science and analysis. This includes understanding business and technology needs in areas as diverse as Global Clinical Supply, Molecule Design, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Comparative Medicine and Drug Safety, and Biology Solutions, among others.
What You Will Achieve and How You Will Achieve It
The Solution Engineer interacts with internal development and project teams, external vendors providing application and technology solutions to Pfizer, contract staff providing support for technical solutions, and technologists across the Pfizer Digital organization. In close collaboration with the application support owners and business leads of our portfolios, the selected candidate will also play a key role in technical support, troubleshooting, impact analysis, and technical documentation, acting as a key go-to resource for application support owners providing quality support for critical systems.
- Coordinate activities across technical groups including platform, network, and storage.
- Assist in troubleshooting efforts to get to root cause and drive fast resolution.
- Assist with patching or maintenance releases as needed.
- Management and administration of technical assets such as virtual machines.
- Review, create and update technical documentation.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications as appropriate.
- Translates logical designs of user/system interfaces into physical designs, considering the target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Works with Project teams to review and analyze workflows for opportunities to streamline and plan for implementing changes in support of new business directives.
- Aligns Digital services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in a technical field such as Computer Science or Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics, or other engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in similar roles in technology or science based organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, ability to develop technical expertise quickly.
- Knowledge of or experience with AWS or other cloud-based technologies.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work both independently or as a member of a team, earning the trust both of customers and teammates.
- Facilitation, negotiating and presentation skills
- Experience working in ambiguous situations
- Strong customer relationship building abilities
- Demonstrated experience and skills in analysis and problem solving
- Quick to establish trust and respect
- Action oriented and energetic
- Resourceful and creative
- Persistent and determined
- Mature and cool under pressure
- Easily makes connections
- Reads situations quickly
- Commitment and follow through
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work non-standard hours to assist support teams as necessary.
- May occasionally need to work on weekends to support deployments or assist with issues.
- May occasionally require travel, primarily to other Pfizer sites.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-Remote #LI-PFE