Manager, Pfizer Global Supply (Manufacturing) External Communications
The Manager of Global Supply Communications will support the tactical execution of overall communications plans and key initiatives across Pfizer’s manufacturing organization – Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) and related areas to advance Pfizer’s positioning as a science-driven, patient-focused biopharmaceutical innovator.
A digital native communicator, with a passion, curiosity and active interest in science and health care, and complex high-tech manufacturing, the Manager will be a partner in raising visibility and understanding of Pfizer’s strategy and work to:
- deliver first-in-class science
- bring medicines to the world faster
- improve patient health
- reduce healthcare disparities
- grow its business for the benefit of all stakeholders
- Develop creative and compelling science-focused content across all of Pfizer’s corporate communications platforms – content examples include but are not limited to stories, photos, videos, infographics, GIFs, written posts from leaders.
- Actively mine the organizations across Pfizer Global Supply and Business Units to identify opportunities to tell compelling, unique stories that illustrate Pfizer’s manufacturing and technical strategy and expertise.
- Conduct necessary background research to support communications plans, material development, tactical execution, and measurement initiatives.
- Liaise and partner with cross-functional teams across areas of global supply, research and development, business units, legal and corporate affairs to ensure the collective point of view is reflected in materials development.
- Maintain editorial calendar of social and digital content, media activities, external speaking engagements, and content-generating events for the Pfizer Global Supply organization.
- Assist in the planning and flawless execution of site-based special events to inform and engage stakeholders that include communications tactics.
- Occasional support for portfolio milestones, technology platform positioning and special projects as needed.
- Support positioning of Pfizer’s Business Development efforts, particularly PfizerOne contract manufacturing, supporting key partnering events as needed
- Work closely with analytics to leverage data to drive content strategy.
- Help manage a network of agencies, external writers, video producers and graphic artists that contribute to Pfizer’s library of digital assets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, journalism, social media management, digital content creation, and project management in a corporate communications team or public relations agency.
- Experience with science or health content a must.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage pressure, meet deadlines and monitor and evaluate results.
- Excellent presentation skills and persuasiveness.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Strong, demonstrated record of assuming ownership of results.
- Experience working in a digital-first editorial environment and in creating social, video and standard web content.
- The ability to juggle many projects at once, working with shifting priorities and multiple colleagues.
- Eagerness to try new ideas, platforms and emerging channels.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, high-exposure and highly collaborative environment.
- Day-to-day direction, by the nature of the business, must be self-initiated.
- Collaborative spirit and energy.
- Flexibility, self-awareness, good attitude/humor, perseverance, ability to navigate ambiguity and thrive in change, and a can-do attitude.
- Must care about making a positive difference in people’s health and lives.
Science and Clinical External Communications, Global Media Relations and Content Strategy and Engagement teams.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: April 15, 2022
- Additional Location Information: New York, NY; Peapack, NJ; Collegeville, PA
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Public Affairs & Communication#LI-PFE