Lab Supervisor - CORE Lab- (Hospital Based) (2210564)
Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to join our team in Mobile, AL. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The work schedule for this position will be Monday- Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm and alternating weekends.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the CORE laboratory
- Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results are reported in a timely manner
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate assay coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained through Quality Control
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Science related major
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical laboratory
- Previous supervisor experience is highly preferred
- Prior experience in Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis
- ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP and relevant state regulations
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
In order to ensure the safety of our patients , this position requires as part of the post-offer onboarding process, successful completion of medical surveillance testing which includes: TB testing; proof of immunity or vaccination for Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR; TDAP; proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (must be fully vaccinated: at least two weeks or more following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more weeks following receipt of a single-dose vaccine); annual flu vaccination; and color blind deficiency testing (if required by position). Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.