Packaging Technician V (1st shift)
*** Pfizer now offering $4,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for successful hires through June 30 ***Why Patients Need You
Packaging Technicians are responsible for the operation of manufacturing production lines. Work is performed in strict compliance with manufacturing standards (SOPs) and following all regulatory requirements (i.e., GMPs & OSHA). This job includes the following functions:
- Supporting development and execution of Capital Projects, corrective actions, and continuous improvement ideas.
- Perform all tasks in strict compliance with operating procedures, best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Dependable – Follows unit / area / plant requirements and guidelines.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors within the unit, taking ownership and accountability of the production schedule, product quality, and leading by example.
- Willing to assist other production units in order to meet unit / site goals.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks in support of the Kalamazoo Site objectives.
- Demonstrating growth mindset to share best practices and utilize downtime effectively.
- Completing and maintaining all required training on time, to maintain training at or above Site Goal
- Perform all operating duties as required by operating unit.
- Operate selected production process equipment.
- Assist or perform setup of selected equipment with guidance from leadership.
- Perform Line clearances and cleaning.
- Perform necessary process checks including, but not limited to, package checks, hourly audits, etc.
- Perform equipment and facility compliance assessments.
- Consistently displays Pfizer Core Value behaviors in accordance with Pfizer Core Competencies: Seizes accountability; grows self; change agile; self-awareness; commits to one Pfizer; peer relationships.
- Train and mentor new colleagues and TCW’s.
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding issues and errors with GMP documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus
- An associate degree, OR
- Veteran/Military experience, OR
- 1 year of relevant work experience in a manufacturing or GMP facility (e.g. current or previous Pfizer colleague or contractor or similar)
- Mechanical experience / knowledge
- 2 + years prior relevant work experience
- Considerable standing. Walking, bending reaching and lifting up to 42 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination is required.
- This position requires the manual packaging of products
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Positions can be staffed across all three shifts based on business needs. Weekend, holiday, and overtime may be required to meet business or customer needs.
Other Job Details
- Last Date to Apply for Job: April 22,2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE