Sr. Manager / TL, Vaccine Formulation Facility Operations
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What You Will Achieve
You will be responsible for managing the compliance program and executing process improvement projects with a team of experts. You will be entrusted with taking the lead for regulatory and customer audits. As a Senior Manager, you will be setting the objectives for multiple projects in your division and managing their financial budgets. Your managerial and technical skills will help in guiding the people in your division.
Your understanding of the external marketplace and customer requirements will facilitate in instituting knowledge sharing practices in your team and outside. You shall be relied on to manage operational activities and a team of colleagues to support the goals of the division and sets direction for its success.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
This position is a leader of leaders, responsible for a sizable multi-shift team whose primary focus is the formulation of bulk product in our new Vaccine Formulation Facility. Key accountabilities include production operation management, technical problem solving, financial oversight, safety and compliance leadership, and customer service to assure that production output meets the demands from the business.How You Will Achieve It
- Set objectives for and manage multiple projects and ongoing work activities within division.
- Ensure that the teams are staffed to meet production requirements.
- Ensure that colleague training programs are suitable and effective to support Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) requirements.
- Define and implements strategy to achieve results as measured by established metrics, and to continuously improve operational performance.
- Interact frequently with regulatory auditors as a strategist to represent operations and as the lead tour strategist for areas of responsibility.
- Work across multiple departments in Operations and manage competing priorities and requirements, including performing functional responsibilities.
- Support regulatory audits.
- Create, monitor and is responsible for achieving department's budget.
- Interact with department's assigned representatives of all divisions to ensure the operation's manufacturing needs, regulatory standards, and company policies are met.
- Monitor, report, and react accordingly to production variance reports.
- Work collaboratively with others to gain agreement on a course of action.
This position is responsible for the leadership of a sizable multi-shift team whose primary focus is the production of bulk vaccine solutions in a highly automated and dedicated manufacturing facility. This leader is also accountable for the technical assessment of processes (including new product/equipment introduction), maintaining a culture of compliance, oversight and adherence to controlled environment operations, and GMP compliance. This position will foster and drive innovation within the assigned asset base. The Leader will need to guide the team through appropriate application of technical knowledge to troubleshoot activities, provide investigation support, analyze process data, and identify and implement process improvements. This position provides oversight of production planning and daily scheduling functions while being directly responsible for schedule adherence. The position has significant accountability for budget preparation, attainment, and product costing. The leader will guide a strong culture focused on safety, continuous improvement activities, and providing support for regulatory filings and qualifications. This position often interacts with regulatory audits as an SME and tour guide. The leader will drive appropriate capital investment strategies. Critical to success will be leading a successful IMEx process centric production process and providing ongoing coaching and development to sustain qualified Process Centric Teams. This leader must deliver change management guidance and coaching to support area colleagues and lead cultural changes necessary to ensure successful implementation. This leader is directly responsible for driving team performance to meet and exceed production and financial targets while maintaining strong quality and safety compliance.QualificationsMust-Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, Pharmacy, or related science and minimum of 7 years of experience or Master's degree plus 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience as a manager of team members and experience leading first line supervisors and managers
- Strong people management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in process excellence and performance improvement tools.
- Ability to assess data and make recommendations based on data.
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Knowledge and experience with applying and implementing Lean Principles.
- Experience and/or understanding of working in the pharmaceutical Industry.
- Controlled environment formulation experience highly desirable.
- Exposure to multiple sites/practices and project management experience highly desirable.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to share vision, direction, and data with colleagues across all levels and in wide range of different work groups.
- Demonstrated skills in leading; operational planning; integrating, managing and/or coordinating similar/related teams, units, work processes and/or functions.
- Comprehensive demonstrated skills in facilitating trust, understanding, growth, empowering and enabling employee, business and customer relationships.
- Proven track record of delivering results consistently while being a role model for the Pfizer Leader Behaviors.
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, including lean/six sigma skills.
- Ability to drive standardization approach
- M1/Yellow Belt or Green Belt Certified
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Job will include standing, walking, and sitting. Occasional lifting may be required. Job will also entail occasional off-shift and weekend work. Because the position does hold ad hoc memberships on several corporate teams, travel to other Pfizer sites may be
This position will operate Primarily on First Shift, but will have direct reports supporting a 24/7 operation.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional travel may be required for specific projects or training.
Facility gowning training will be required.
Job will also require occasional weekend/evening work supporting a 24-hour/7 day operation.
- Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: April 21, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE