APS Vaccine Filling Production Lead III - 2nd shift (3:00pm-11:30pm) (4845136_Kalamazoo)
Production Leads are responsible for providing leadership and direction to meet production demands and requirements. Production leads serve as liaison between the unit team leader and sr. manager and the shop floor operators and take on responsibility for ensuring the shift is operating efficiently and in strict compliance with manufacturing standards (SOPs) and following all regulatory requirements (i.e., GMPs & OSHA). In addition, production leads are role models and experts for their shift and can fill in across roles when needed and improve the overall work of their colleagues.
- Works in a complex integrated computerized manufacturing environment
- Assumes responsibility for adherence to production schedules and direct day to day work team activities
- Works with other groups (operations, maintenance, scheduling, management, technical support, logistics) to ensure production needs are met and makes necessary adjustments when required
- Monitors, evaluates and revises operations activities/processes and manufacturing equipment
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of department and organization policies, procedures and personnel
- Mentors and develops colleagues while providing input to supervision on performance
- Participates as a key contributor for investigations and troubleshooting activities such as M1’s and QARs
- Represents the operations area on capital projects, new product introductions, and continuous improvement projects (including equipment specification, IQ/OQ/PQ, FAT/SAT work, etc.)
- Ensures the operating unit is audit ready and demonstrating all GMP behaviors
- Leads by example and holds team accountable for safety driven behaviors
- Represents the unit and partners with planning to set a production plan and allocates manpower to meet that plan
- Takes a lead role in IMEx, M1, 5S, and CI activities
- Effectively communicates with team members on the shop floor and with unit management
- Demonstrates Pfizer values and leader behaviors
• High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus
- 2+ years as a Production Lead II, OR
- 9+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably GMP
- Mechanical experience/aptitude
- Experience with computer systems (MS office)
- Mathematical and reasoning skills
- Written & oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership of teams
- Aseptic environment experience
· lifting/lowering up to 55 pounds, and reaching/standing/walking/stooping/crawling.
· Able to wear safety PPE
· Able to work under full clean room (GRADE A/B/C/D) environments with appropriate gowning
Routine weekend work
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Aseptic Gowning Required.
Routine Weekend, Holiday, and Overtime Work.Relocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE