Director, Digital and Omnichannel Technology
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director Digital and Omnichannel Technology role will develop, lead and implement a comprehensive Digital strategy to ensure adoption of future state omnichannel processes and policies across the organization. This role will manage underlying marketing technology (MarTech) to support omnichannel and customer 360 efforts, including CRM enhancements and future automation investments; oversees the marketing technology vendors and migrate capabilities in house as appropriate. The Director will work to bring technology and data closer to the business to enable a customer-centric strategy and deliver customer-focused execution.
- Drive overall vision and strategy to integrate Martech ecosystem and technologies into the overall organizational infrastructure and gain executive commitment for appropriate resource allocation. Identify, own and be the technology expert for all customer marketing programs, including marketing automation, CRM lead management, websites, mobile apps, email systems, content marketing, social media management, sales enablement/acceleration tools, along with data intelligence tools. Partner with brand teams, marketing, key sales operations and market access personnel, as well as internal stakeholders to ensure digital, financial and strategic optimization
- Influences, consults and leads IT activities needed to enhance Data Standardization and Harmonization. Define data management capabilities and identify gaps / pain points. Lead negotiations with external data vendors for short-term and long-term data and services engagements. Select technology that will support data management vision. Enable increased data access across partners and agencies, and ensure visibility across broader omnichannel team. Maintain the integrity of the marketing database, lead flow processes, technology integrations and all related processes across the martech stack and infrastructure to ensure proper data usage
- Improve Customer Engagement through actionable insights. Develop standardized reporting metrics to track the effectiveness of omnichannel engagement. Partner with finance, sales and marketing leadership to design, develop and maintain critical metrics to enable data-driven decisions. Unlock ability to extract actionable insights by developing dashboards and analytics tools. Assess technology to support personalization and testing of omnichannel capability, including real-time optimization and next best action
- Act as a champion and change agent in leading the organizational changes required to create and sustain digital capabilities. Build and maintain intelligence on digital and technology landscape. Manage ongoing programs, engagements and budgets. Anticipates, forecasts, and secures appropriate budget funds and support based on current and future business needs. Encourage and reward proactive behavior in others by fostering an environment of learning and coaching. Generate enthusiasm and ownership for identifying and implementing solutions to complex business situations and problems
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree required; Preferred areas of discipline include Computer Science or Information Technology required and
- Master's Degree Master’s degree in Technology Management, Marketing or related areas preferred
- 10 or More Years Pharmaceuticals Experience, preferably in IT required and
- 10 or More Years Application development and/or large program management required and
- 7 or More Years Data and advanced analytics experience preferred and
- 1 or More Years Experience with cloud-based tools preferred
Ability to travel up to 5%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.