Senior Manager, Operational Excellence
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Position: Senior Manager, Operational ExcellenceLocation: Manati, PR
- Leads and provides guidance in the identification and implementation of strategic site improvement projects.
- Ensures effective asset management to manufacturing and business processes and process flows applying Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, theory of constraints and other waste and variability-reduction principles.
- Develops and manages site OpEx based tools and training programs.
- Standardizes and harmonizes Operational Excellence Project Management process including systems sustainability, Leader Standard Work, and coaching.
- Manages the value creation and buy-in at all levels of the organization driving companys major Lean Six Sigma based transformation programs, projects, and foundational systems. (Management, Technical and People Systems).
- Reviews and analyzes data sources (SAP reports, department-level spreadsheets, and other data sources) for quality, efficiency, yield, and other information. Provide notification if results are changing to a significant degree.
- Provide guidance and training to area process owners in the development and execution of their improvement plans.
- Contributes in transforming the site culture of excellence through an effective leadership, communication with different stakeholders in the organization.
- Participates in the decision-making process surrounding the design, procurement, and implementation of new equipment, facilities, and manufacturing processes.
- Ensures process efficiencies in the product commercialization and launches process.
- Manages OpEx departments metrics related to safety, quality, customer service, productivity, and financial effectiveness and develops efficient and effective means of collecting and communicating these metrics for the use of Production and other departments.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Sciences or Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
- Seven (7) years experience managing continuous improvement projects in a pharmaceutical, manufacturing or medical devices environment assuring implementation of Company objectives and strategies, tactics, and plans.
- Significant knowledge of relevant governmental regulations, cGMP’s and pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Three (3) years experience working with and leading a diverse, cross-functional team for projects and initiatives or supervising groups of employees where continuous improvement projects were involved.
- In-depth knowledge of a combination of Lean Manufacturing, Theory of Constraints and Six Sigma. Proven Statistical knowledge and practice.
- Black Belt or Lean Master certification and proven experience in effective Lean/Belt people coaching
- Ability to leverage both internal and external resources from various levels.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications and SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team work oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Self-starter with good organizing and planning skills, strong leadership.
- Strong communications skills: fully bilingual Spanish/English both written and verbal are required.
- Experience in writing executive summary type presentations to senior management and technically detailed presentations to specialized technical groups such as Manufacturing Technology, Engineering and QC/QA.
- Significant abilities and aptitude for analyzing data detecting inconsistencies, determining relative importance and referring to the data analysis tools such as process capabilities, hypothesis testing, DOE, regression, etc.
- Ability to review SOP’s and operating instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Broad knowledge of relevant governmental regulations, cGMP’s and guidelines.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience at Senior management level.
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays, when necessary.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.