Senior Biostatistician, FSP (Remote) (2022-81752_CP)
Senior Biostatistician, FSP (Remote) These permanent, remote opportunities can be worked from anywhere in U.S. or Canada. #LI-REMOTE
Are you ready to discover your extraordinary potential at Labcorp Drug Development? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in patients’ lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy, innovative & collaborative workplace, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work is meaningful, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training, and personalized development planning. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
We are seeking Senior Biostatistician to lead large global or other major projects, analyze all parts of any clinical study, and provide planning on multiple clinical studies from multiple clients including tracking project activities and project time management. The selected candidate will provide statistical input into other disciplines’ activities and participate in interdepartmental processes; provide technical solutions and advice to staff and clients on statistical processes; supervise and train less experienced biostatisticians within project activities; and be responsible for the development of Statistical Analysis Plans including statistical methodology, statistical programming procedures, definition of derived variables, and data handling rules and mockups.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform Lead Biostatistician role on medium complexity studies, providing statistical oversight and attending relevant project meetings
- Perform project management activities for identified projects including resource planning, timelines and milestone management
- Preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans (including mock TFL shells) for medium complexity studies under the supervision of more senior statistical staff
- Perform complex statistical analyses, quality check statistical analyses developed by other statisticians
- Conduct overall statistical review of TFLs for complex studies prior to client delivery
- Review CRF and other study specific specifications and plans
- May perform sample size calculation for simple studies under the supervision of more senior statistical staff
- Develop the statistical sections of the protocol for simple to medium complexity studies under the supervision of a statistical consultant
- Provide statistical input and review of the CSR for medium complexity studies - Preparation and review of randomization specifications and generation of randomization schedules
- Mentor of biostatisticians within project activities; assigned tasks related to the development of staff within the department
- Present and share knowledge at team meetings and/or at monthly seminars - Attend bid defense meetings for medium complexity studies in order to win new business
- Represent the department during project-driven client audits.
Recommended: Master's degree, equivalent, or higher in Biostatistics or related field
Required: Bachelor’s degree, equivalent, or higher in Biostatistics or related field
- 5-8 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education or experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job
- Ability to program in one or more statistical software packages (SAS®) used to conduct statistical analyses. SAS proficiency including use of a variety of statistical procedures e.g., non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, categorical data and survival analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate statistical concepts A good knowledge of the overall clinical trial process
- Experience in the preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans, analysis, reporting, etc
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.