Reliability Engineer (Altavista, VA Plant) (31022676)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Altavista VA currently has an opportunity for a Reliability Engineer. This site is Abbott’s largest Nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. But working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 650+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support R&D and Operations in resolving product technical issue to ultimately improve product reliability and manufacturing yield.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement programs for on market products by giving input into current meter development based on what has been learned from investigations.
- Identify, collect, analyze, and manage various types of data to minimize failures and improve performance, using failure analysis and other types of root cause analysis in support of reliability for On Market Products.
- Originate and develop analytical methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
- Prepare diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining product reliability and investigation results; to make recommendations for improvements.
- Collect and examine basic reliability and investigation data from engineering studies or database and correlate the data for analysis using established engineering techniques, principles, and/or procedures.
- Perform engineering analysis on failure modes.
- Initiate elemental engineering studies into equipment/process failures and present details of the analysis to more experienced engineers for approval/feedback for gaining in-depth experience and improving judgment for advancing to higher level jobs.
- Work with a cross functional team to develop Corrective and/or Preventive Actions resulting from investigations.
- Engage in effective written and verbal communications within the area and cross functionally.
- Support a work environment that ensures team effectiveness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in a technical (e.g. electrical/mechanical/software) or scientific (e.g. statistics/math) discipline.
- Equivalent experience is defined as five years in a role responsible for product engineering, ideally in a regulated industry.
- Tool proficiency, including multimeters, environmental chambers, calipers, electronic microscopes, etc.
- Mechanically adept, technically literate, computer literate. Knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) desired, as work product is governed by these regulations and standards; however, this knowledge can be learned on the job.
- Computer proficiency, preferably with knowledge of software packages such as Word, Excel, and Access, to analyze data and produce reports desired.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.