Senior Financial Analyst
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm (CRM) Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the CRM Sylmar Manufacturing Site in meeting their Financial & Operational targets by performing the financial close process, budgeting process, balance sheet maintenance & tracking, trend analysis, NPV/ROI analysis and other ad hoc requests. This position will be located at our Sylmar, California office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sr Financial Analyst is a key finance stakeholder who works primarily with Operations and Supply Chain business partners with financial ownership over: (1) purchased material standards, (2) Overhead budgets (Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Facilities/EHS, and Operational Excellence), and (3) Supply Chain related OMC P&L lines (PPV, Freight, Absorption, Inventory Revaluation, and Volume Variance).
- Partner with the business to build well supported Annual Operating Plan and quarterly LBEs
- Prepare required journal entries during the monthly financial close to ensure compliance with accounting standards
- Perform variance Analysis for the Sylmar manufacturing site, comparing the Plan/LBE vs Actual results for OMC P&L lines, analyze trends and suggest actions to optimize results.
- Monitor, track and reconcile various balance sheet accounts, including Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Accruals, etc.
- Standard and ad-hoc financial planning, reporting and analysis for annual planning, LBE cycles, operations dashboards or ad hoc projects as needed.
- Process Improvements – Identify areas for improvement and constructively propose/implement new solutions to drive efficiencies and improved business performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associated Degree in Accounting / Finance required
- Minimum 4+ years experience
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to form partnerships and build strong working relationships with business partners and within finance organization
- Bachelors of Science or CPA preferred
- Familiarity with Essbase, Dodeca, and SAP preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working in a large organization preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.