Would you like to join CVS Health, one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, as part of our diverse Digital team? CVS Health is embarking on a bold agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high-energy, growing team to make a difference in people’s lives. You will be in on the ground floor of innovation that aims to reinvent the health care experience.
At CVS Health, the Digital Design team creates easy, accessible, and seamless experiences for our customers on our digital healthcare, pharmacy and retail platforms. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of UX and UI designers, researchers, content strategists, engineers, and managers from product and marketing throughout the design process — from strategy to pixel-perfect design. At each stage, you will advocate for our customers and ensure that the final product meets user needs.
The Associate Senior Manager, Content Strategy, should be an experienced, well-rounded senior content strategist who can solve complex business challenges on large-scale initiatives while being an advocate of the user and managing the careers of more junior colleagues. You will:
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of content strategists responsible for delivering effective content solutions for our digital retail experiences
- Improve team quality, efficiency, effectiveness and morale
- Develop new processes and deliverables as necessary
- Execute on content strategy in support of larger organizational goals and objectives
- Lead design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Oversee the proper usage of voice and tone
- Work with cross-functional team leadership to source or create the right content, understand user behaviors, meet WCAG guidelines and develop accessible, on-brand experiences that educate and motivate our customers and patients
- 6+ years in content strategy
- Experience working with usability testing, taxonomy, design systems, content management systems, information architects and accessibility professionals
- 1+ years managing content strategy or UX writing teams, or 2+ years managing writers
- Has successfully led content strategy efforts in a workstream or portfolio
- Has specialized in two or more content strategy core competencies
- Deep familiarity with brand voice and tone guidelines
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies and can successfully advocate for content strategy efforts around pre-planning and planning.
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Experience building relationships with leaders across business units and functions
- Ability to mentor and manage 6-8 direct reports
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Desirable: deep experience writing and developing strategies for retail e-commerce
- Desirable: deep experience writing and developing strategies for B2C or B2B products
- Enterprise experience preferred
- Experience with Airtable, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Miro, Rally.
- Experience or exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints.
- Knowledge of enterprise content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Contentful, ATG, Nuxeo or other.
Bachelor degree preferred in the field of English, communications, journalism or similar area. Academic work or certifications in User Experience fields is also welcome
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.