HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manager Maintenance – ( Evening Non-Standard shifts) AML 1 Inspection and Packaging
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world! In this vital role the Manager Maintenance will be leading Maintenance team in the Engineering and Maintenance Department for Inspection & Packaging Area in Non-Standard shift Organization (Evening). The Maintenance Manager plans, directs, and controls the efforts of the maintenance team to maintain inspection and packaging equipment aligning with recognized the best good manufacturing practices. We are seeking highly organized with strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the preventive and/or general maintenance schedule and planning of inspection and packaging equipment including planning of instruments calibrations.
- Develops and, trains maintenance workforce to assure the team is performing at a high level of performance.
- Responsible to maintain all equipment and general areas in top condition and operating in a safe manner
- Plans, revise and executes an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Assures that production equipment is capable of producing within the specifications and tolerances established by the equipment manufacturer.
- Consults with peers and manufacturing management regarding planned modifications of existing equipment and the possible replacement of existing equipment with the goal of improving equipment operation and reduce maintenance costs.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the maintenance department required to meet departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
- Plans and provides for an adequate supply and ensures control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Oversees department budget and ensures all work completed is within budget parameters.
- Keeps and updates equipment records and procedures; such as equipment manuals, schematic drawings, and equipment drawings.
- Ensures that all equipment installations and/or modifications meet or exceed all regulatory agency i.e. (USDA, FDA, OSHA, ADA, EPA, UL) standards and stays in sync with all Company policies and/or procedures.
- Adheres to all safety, quality, GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Support internal and external Audits with different agencies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients! The Maintenance Manager professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Master’s degree & 3 years of maintenance experience in a GMP environment
Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of maintenance experience in a GMP environment
Associate’s degree and 10 years of maintenance experience in a GMP environment
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of maintenance experience in a GMP environment
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or advising the allocation of resources.
Beyond that, additional Preferred Qualifications are:
- Educational background in Engineering
- Knowledge on analyzing packaging equipment needs, experience on vision systems, ensure packaging equipment reliability, and develop PPM programs, including maintenance trending charts.
- Hands-on manage equipment troubleshooting, repairs, root cause analysis techniques, and equipment improvements.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.