IT Imaging Administrator (31024039)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Kansas City, MO
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Kansas City, MO currently has an opportunity for a Imaging Administrator within our Toxicology business unit. The Imaging Administrator is primarily responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of the Perceptive Content Software Platform. This includes enhancing, monitoring, optimizing workflows, and regularly working with the business to address opportunities for increased operational efficiency. This role sits in our Rapid Diagnostics Division, and Toxicology Business Unit.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for supporting daily user imaging business operations.
- Mentor the business in the administrative and operational components of Perceptive Content Software Platform and other ECM solutions
- Investigate & troubleshoot customer ECM systems to resolve functional, operational, or performance issues
- Install, configure and maintain Perceptive Content Software Platform and other ECM solutions
- Monitors application, support ticketing queue and performs triage to diagnose application related issues.
- Continually identify areas of opportunity for automation and take part in internal initiatives to implement them.
- Identify system optimization and enhancements and collaborate with other systems analysts in order to design and implement effective solutions.
- Identify trends and detect/anticipate problems early.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the organization and foster open communication between departments.
- Research issues and work with other System Analysts to produce solution options (including alternative solutions when necessary to address system limitations); including pros, cons, risks, benefits, costs, and unintended consequences.
- Review system configuration, workflows and design options in order to make appropriate recommendations for system maintenance requests.
- Facilitate Perceptive maintenance and administration across multiple environments.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- Position requires strong multi-tasking, analytical, excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work after business hours including standard maintenance windows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- 1-3 years of IT related experience within an imaging administrator support role.
- Solid working knowledge of Hyland Perceptive Content architecture
- Solid working experience with various operating systems and server technologies
- Ability to understand business requirements, articulate processes and technical requirements
- Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented. Excellent communication skills. Very strong customer orientation.
- Ability to analyze and learn new systems and workflows quickly.
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to cross-functional departments or teams verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactfully and professional manner.
- Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
- Ability to develop new skills and teach others.
- Basic knowledge in Transact-SQL (T-SQL).
- Integrative thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Software Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of the process for planning, creating, testing and deploying an information system.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.