IT Business Systems Consultant (31024051)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for an IT Business Systems Consultant
The IT Business Systems consultant is the primary liaison between the IT and ADC Commercial business. Applies IT and business knowledge and experience to formulate business requirements to solve for a business problem. Works with clients on activities of simple to moderate complexity; consults with clients and senior IT personnel to develop and understand the business case and business requirements to solve for technology related business problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assists in the liaison activities between the IT and business areas.
- Assists in determining business requirements and developing a positive relationship with the business.
- Maintains project delivery information using portfolio management tool and by working with appropriate project stakeholders.
- Reviews work effort to determine timeframe and procedures for accomplishing tasks.
- Responsible for Compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Performs work using existing standards, methodologies & processes and understands other systems/business processes relationship to each other.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Confirm completion with business and perform post project review to understand opportunities to improve.
- Completes project tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Work is reviewed to determine if desired results and objectives have been achieved.
- Independently conceives and develops general approaches to develop business requirements and business case.
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) to develop and execute project quality plans.
- Work with internal organizations such as BTS, ADC Commercial operations team including samples related compliance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4 – 5 years of experience with business Systems analysis activities across SDLC including documentation.
- Strong analytical ability with any MS Office tools is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to translate between business-focused and technical-focused individuals
- Experience in developing, communicating, and managing simple to moderate project plans
- Working knowledge of SFDC Administration (Salesforce) functions or Veeva or any other CRM is preferred
- Prior Healthcare/Lifesciences/Med Device/Regulated industry experience
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team
- Team player & self-starter
- Maintain responsiveness and customer focus
- Is highly organized, capable of prioritizing
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural and networking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about current and possible future IT trends and technology