Specimen Processing Specialist II (2215944)
Are you organized, accountable, and have always gone the extra mile to make sure things are done right? Imagine the impact those skills can have in ensuring the accuracy of millions of healthcare tests, every month. If you share our passion for strengthening physician care, please apply for the Specimen Processing Specialist II position!
LabCorp is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join the Specimen Processing and Accessioning team in Salt Lake City, UT. The Specimen Processing Specialist will be responsible for 3 primary components including specimen accessioning, sample splitting/sorting and data entry.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday to Friday 5:00pm to 1:30am
Location: 3676 W California Ave, Suite B-100, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Routes specimens by type to various staging areas or designated department
- Spin samples, pour urine tubes, and create frozen samples
- Pick up and deliver samples to clients/hospitals
- Unpack and route specimen to their respective staging areas
- Accurately identify and label specimens
- Pack and ship specimen to proper testing facilities
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Process all necessary paperwork to process and submit specimen
- Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform audits in order to resolve any outstanding issues
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of medical/clinical laboratory experience is preferred
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to pass a standardized color blind test
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.