We are preparing for growth in our Mount Prospect pharmacy and are interested in speaking with Pharmacy Technicians that are interested in working within the compounding sector as a Compounding Pharmacy Technician. If you would like to learn more about this vital area with Specialty services, please review this opportunity and apply!
As a Compounding Pharmacy Technician you will work with cutting edge technology compounding specialized and complex therapies within the clean room environment. You will utilize your clinical knowledge providing our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. Make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
Monday through Friday from 11:00pm to 7:30am
- Preparation and compounding of sterile products.
- Maintaining the pharmacy clean room suite to 797 requirements.
- Documentation of IV admixture and clean room suite sterility testing.
- Complete order entry and refills under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Inventory management and storage, complete appropriate documentation, such as labels, log sheets and reports.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Must have an active Illinois Pharmacy Technician License
- Minimum six months of work experience as a pharmacy technician
- Must become Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician within a year of hire
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Two years of work experience as a pharmacy technician or equivalent experience in a pharmacy environment; or equivalent combination of work experience as a pharmacy technician and the completion of a pharmacy technician-training program
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.