Senior Specialist, Clinical Order Management (R1557494-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Comply with all applicable legislations and regulations in support of worldwide transportation & distribution to meet the needs of BMS clinical trials for Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs), Expanded Access Programs (EAP) and/or Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) and collaboration partners.
- Act as liaison between internal and external stakeholders and serve as central point of contact for investigational medicinal product shipments
- Create, organize, and coordinate IMP shipments to depots and sites and ensure uninterrupted supply of medicines to patients
- Troubleshoot and resolve order problems such as IRT to SAP order failures, drug delivery issues, and customer information issues
- Guarantee logistical and regulatory requirements (certificates, import permits, etc.) and accurate pro-forma invoices are in place
- Ensure timely SAP Goods Issue, pro-active delivery tracking, SAP Goods Receipt entry, adequate follow up until unblocking of supplies, and timely communication with internal stakeholders, third party vendors, and investigator sites
- Support customs brokerage, customs clearance and associated activities
- Collaborate with TPA (Temperature Profile Administrator) to obtain assessment for temperature excursions as needed and in a timely manner
- Promptly communicate critical drug availability issues to the Shipment Execution Team Leads and Trial Supplies Management teams
- Contribute to GMP/GDP compliance and audit-readiness state
- Support additional Clinical Supply Logistics initiatives, as required
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field (Logistics, Supply Chain, Science, Engineering, Business Administration)
- 3-5+ years experience in logistics, pharmaceuticals, clinical supplies, supply chain
- Good Manufacturing Practice/Good Distribution Practice experience
- SAP and Microsoft Office proficiency
- International logistics management and/or supply chain
- Customer Service experience
- Experience working with third party providers
- Interactive Response Technology beneficial
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, bilingual an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Project management and analytical skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.