Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Scientist, Characterization (344138BR)
Job Description 6000! This is the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
The Characterizations and Formulations team at NBC characterizes new therapeutic protein and cell and gene therapy candidates of various formats throughout discovery to the handover to development. Our team of motivated and highly skilled scientists from various backgrounds provide expertise in areas such as physical-chemical analytical characterization, mass spectrometry, and formulation in an international setting.
As a Senior Scientist in the characterization team, you will be responsible for assisting with mass spectrometry and physical-chemical characterization of biologics during drug discovery to early drug development. You have the unique opportunity to gain experience with a wide range of biotherapeutics with chances to create significant experimental and intellectual contributions to our exciting biologics pipeline.
What you’ll be doing:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute developability assessments including but not limited to mass spectrometry characterization of candidates for identity, post-translational modification, and degradation analyses and optimize methods for the specific molecule as needed
• Apply physical-chemical analytical methods for orthogonal support of MS analyses (SEC, reverse phase LC, charge variant characterization)
• Understanding of analytical and biophysical characterization of therapeutic antibodies, multi-specifics, ADCs, therapeutic proteins, cell and gene therapies, and/or emerging biotherapeutic modalities to work as the characterization representative on project teams and establish the analytical strategy for the program based off molecule liabilities and critical quality attributes
• Operate and maintain instruments, perform data analysis and ELN/Genedata documentation, and author and/or review method development and technical reports
• Work in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment as part of the global NBC team and contribute to data analysis and interpretation, making technical presentations, and report writing
• Interact and collaborate with colleagues in biologics across Discovery and Development organizations.