Channel Marketing & Communications Manager (31024371)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Channel Marketing & Communications Manager
Kansas City, MO
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Kansas City currently has an opportunity for a Channel Marketing & Communications Manager within our Toxicology business unit. The Channel Marketing and Communications Manager position manages the downstream marketing, communications, and ongoing support of workplace products and segments. The person hired in this role will be committed to understanding customer needs by segment (clinic, national account, TPA) and establishing marketing strategies, campaigns and communications. Work may include understanding personas and defining and building related content in support of marketing and campaigns. In addition, this person will work closely with sales, customer service, public affairs, and product management. This role sits in our Rapid Diagnostics Division, and Toxicology Business Unit.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engages sales, segment clients and target market to understand and develop marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Collaborates with sales, product management and key customers to create new opportunities to drive growth and/or strengthen our brand position.
- Prioritizes opportunities based on input from all relevant parties.
- Acts as marketing owner across segment leads (clinic, national account, TPAs)
- Is the marketing expert to internal and external clients.
- Maintains content map that aligns with the annual strategic plan
- Supports existing business with marketing communications and guidance for stakeholders
- Refines core positioning and messaging as required for targeted segments
- Works with sales, marketing, and account management to maximize sales of products and retention of clients.
- Analyzes marketing performance in the marketplace and develops strategies for segments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of experience as a Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, or Product Marketing Manager (or industry experience demonstrating similar capabilities)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated content creation experience
- Demonstrated marketing campaign creation and measurement
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Self-motivated to multi-task effectively and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with healthcare or related industry
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.