Sr. Project Manager - Business Excellence (31024309)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
Our Des Plaines, IL site has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in its business excellence team- PMO.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and influencing internal and external stakeholder to accelerate the installation, qualification, and ultimately the routine adoption of Abbott Molecular’ s recently launched diagnostics platform at key customer sites. A critical element of success for the project manager is to understand the roadblocks and challenges faced by Abbott Molecular’ s customers and to identify solutions to overcome those challenges. The project manager will work in a highly cross-functional internal environment, as well as with Abbott’s customer base.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive cross-functional team activities on the division’s most key customer accounts, starting early in the sales process to the customer using the system routinely.
- Analyze complex problems and apply critical thought to identify potential solutions.
- Critical thought leader who is creative in solving and/or supporting complex issues.
- Lead a cross-functional team to ensure that projects are completed on-time, within budget, according to project specifications and achieve effectivity.
- Develop implementation plans, conduct risk assessments, and develop and implement contingency plans to allow for and accommodate unforeseen events and changes in strategy. Monitor progress and performance against the plans.
- Understand current state of business in order to make assessments and recommendations for improvement.
- Understand the Division’s short and long term business objectives and where program/project(s) supports it.
- Develop alternatives to strategic business problems and recommend action plans that will address the business issues.
- Develop structure and frameworks where needed to support cross-functional teams and executive level updates.
- Identify and resolve challenges to minimize delays and escalate when needed.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in person, over the phone, via email, and across teams. Communicate complex topics in succinct and practical terms.
- Manage ongoing relationships with internal partners so that organizations achieve the most desirable outcome.
- Experienced at addressing senior management in addition to coordinating at the team and individual level.
- Collaborate well across a variety of global organizations and cultures.
- Works seamlessly within with each level of the business to ensure the customer’s needs and expectations are properly met.
- Present effectively and negotiate program trade-offs with the end goal of meeting both parties’ needs.
- Look for and capitalize on opportunities to demonstrate value to the customer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
• Bachelor’s degree (±16 years)
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a healthcare field, preferable medical devices
• Prior project and program management experience
• MS/PhD/MBA degree
• PMP certification
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities