Technical Sourcing Integration Manager (R1557532-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Technical Sourcing Integration Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of the BMS Drug Product Development (DPD) sourcing strategies, bridging between DPD scientists and the Legal team, Finance, External Partner Management (EPM), Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P), and other internal stakeholders. The sourcing strategies developed support the externalization of drug product development activities performed by the functional areas within DPD, across all modalities, in alignment with Drug Product Development (DPD) organizational goals and objectives. The DPD technical areas supported include development of small molecules, biologics, parenteral and oral solid dosages, combination products/devices, materials science, and engineering technologies. The position also supports innovation activities in these areas. The Technical Sourcing Integration Manager is a key member of a dynamic, scientifically-driven team, dedicated to the integration of innovation and technology in the development of drug products.
- Develop and execute a defined Drug Product Development sourcing process that enables compliance, speed, urgency, flexibility, and consistency of practice within the DPD supplier network, in strong collaboration with EPM, SS&P, and Legal.
- Understand technical requirements for a given portfolio asset, and translate DPD’s functional area sourcing needs and requirements, across all modalities, as an input into sourcing execution in collaboration with internal partner functions.
- Engage technically, scientifically, and operationally to understand and enable speed, high quality performance, and risk mitigation.
- Establish and monitor the DPD organization’s need for external sourcing, develop the profiles, and establish/refresh the relevant work packages.
- Manage relationships with specific Contract Research/Contract Manufacturing Organizations in collaboration with EPM and SS&P to ensure productive and beneficial interactions.
- Maintain (in collaboration with EPM) an appropriate pool of CRO/CMOs relationships to respond to current and anticipated external contracting needs for Drug Product Development and innovation activities.
- Monitor, compile relevant metrics, and report to internal stakeholders on key supplier performance indicators (e.g., technical, operational, compliance, adherence to timelines).
- Prepare for and provide input into periodic meetings for external relationships for performance review and to enable continuous improvement.
- Serve as a resource to internal stakeholders by providing access to guidance on Contract Research/Contract Manufacturing Organization’s regional and global capabilities and industry trends.
- Support EPM in the Strategic Procurement Process for externalization including the RFI, RFQ process. Review quotations from suppliers and participate in a collaborative, cross-functional supplier selection process, where needed.
- Implement, manage, and monitor contractual documents (for suppliers within scope of responsibility) including Confidentiality Agreements (CDAs), Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Research Agreements (RAs), etc., to ensure that these documents are current, and cover key elements including IP protection, supply terms and conditions, and Quality requirements.
- Maintain safety, regulatory, and compliance standards as they relate to the development of pharmaceuticals.
- Implement department policies and work practices related to supplier readiness; provide communication and training of policies/processes to DPD staff.
- Support the set-up of funds, reconciliation of invoices, payments and run remittance reports.
- Ensure proper filing and status reporting of all contractual documents within approved company systems.
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance measures and continuous improvement of technical integration and externalization.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutics, Chemistry or Material Science, or a relevant scientific discipline
- B.S. and 2+ years of relevant experience or M.S. and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and/or Medical Device Development background highly preferred.
- Background in pharmaceutical development as it relates to formulation development and process development/optimization, and integration of drug delivery systems.
- Ability to think strategically and implement contract simplification.
- Proficiency in balancing resource requirements within projects and among multiple assigned projects, and managing timelines effectively.
- High level of adaptability in dealing with ambiguous and complex work environment, and ability to balance multiples demands in a responsive and professional manner.
- Strong Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office program suite, with an emphasis in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Tableau is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently or in leading a team under deadline.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with costumer focus are essential
- Strong project management and analytical skills with the ability to support development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Strong demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills.
- Innovative, proactive, and motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement and a strong desire to succeed.
- Skilled in conflict resolution with the ability to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.