Batch Maker Operator - 3rd Shift (31024594)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Batch Maker Operator - 3rd Shift
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Fairfield, CA is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Safety operation of production equipment related to filling, processing and sterilizing equipment and sampling responsibilities.
- Monitors charts and performs tests to assure sterility.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of the work order and other documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Effectively communicates within the department and plant with all levels of employees.
- Responsible for maintaining and replenishing production materials.
- Completes general housekeeping and sanitation tasks.
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- One year production experience preferred
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment, possess excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- One year production experience within food manufacturing environment preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.