Senior Hybrid Medical Science Liaison, Dermatology - South or East (R-143406)
This position is a field-based medical expert for the Dermatology Therapeutic Area Medical Science Liaison (MSL) group within the medical organization. The territory covered will be based either in the south or east and will involve activities of the traditional MSL as well as an emerging digital MSL approach. The MSL is an integral position in communicating accurate, clear, and valued information regarding Amgen science and products to multiple levels within the medical community and are responsible for providing field observations to internal stakeholders. The MSL will support the MSL TA head and local TA Lead in developing local territory R&D tactics.
The MSL will:
- Engage with healthcare stakeholders to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives
- Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to payers, providers, key stakeholders, advocacy, and access enablers
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal stakeholders
- Execute scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics
- Develop and implement local OL plans in line with scientific engagement plan
- Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
- Support Amgen sponsored research and may serve as a study lead
- Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research
- Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others.
- Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as main of point of contact
- Maintain clinical acumen and expertise and timely completion of assigned training. May serve as a training lead.
- May serve as New Hire Mentor and/or International MSL mentor/trainer
The Senior Regional Medical Liaison (Sr. RML) will interact with rheumatology and dermatology healthcare decision makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's corporate goals and objectives. The Sr. RML is an integral position in assuring accurate, clear, and valued information regarding our scientific platform is communicated to multiple levels within the medical community. The successful Sr. RML will communicate complex cutting-edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers including, but not limited to, those at Academic Medical Centers. The role may also include providing clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers. The Sr. RML is also responsible for identifying and training members of Amgen's speakers’ bureau to ensure they are updated on new data. In addition, the Sr. RML will provide feedback based on field interactions and scientific support consistent with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives.
The Sr. RML will:
Interact with healthcare thought leaders to communicate and advance the Scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives
Communicate complex cutting-edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers, including but not limited to, those at Academic Medical Centers
Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
Identify and train members of Amgen’s speakers’ bureau and ensure they are updated on new data
Respond to requests for investigator sponsored research proposals
Support Amgen sponsored research
Provide feedback based on field interactions with healthcare thought Leaders to Amgen stakeholder
Provide scientific support consistent with the RML compliance standards for commercial, corporate accounts, and other matrix colleagues who may forward HCP inquiries
Foster scientific relationships between Amgen and Fellows-in-training
Lead and/or participate on committees or project teams that support RML strategies and tactics as delegated by RML leadership
Mentor RMLs as designated by RML leadership
Seek out opportunities to support the RML value proposition, achieve results and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes
Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others
Model openness and innovation through words, actions, and decisions
Doctorate degree & 2 years of Medical Science Liaison experience
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (Other Doctoral Degrees considered)
- Five years of industry experience in Scientific/Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- At least three years in a medical science liaison role
- Five or more years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically-related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships)
- Dermatology therapeutic area expertise
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.