Principal Site Reliability Engineer - Automation - US Remote (R-143577)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
Principal Site Reliability Engineer - Automation - US RemoteLive
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will take your software and system engineering skills and help deliver ground-breaking and life-changing biotech medicines. Amgen is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to fill a position in our Global Infrastructure Services organization. We are currently building a team of SRE's who are joining our existing automation product team.
Site Reliability Engineering is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering into its DNA. SRE is a passion for automating the complexities of orchestrating and running cloud application services. SRE's dislike doing things twice, so they automate each step along the way! They have an attitude of automating, deploying, fixing, and operating production systems using CI pipelines and self-healing code. Collaboration with business owners and understanding diverse business requirements is a core skill. This position will be working on our core DevSecOps framework and cloud provisioning platform to ensure they deploy, operate, and are sustained to meet all SLAs and OLAs.Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business unit clients to identify automation and process improvement opportunities
- Deliver automation to business services to enable faster and consistent delivery
- Build highly scalable, high-performant infrastructure on Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Work with applications to use automated CI/CD pipelines and build secure cloud environments, identities, and services. Deploy applications into these cloud environments through automated processes and programmatic services.
- Maintain application reliability and uptime SLAs throughout the application lifecycle using programmatic self-healing and software automation
- Develop software to monitor and improve end-to-end platform performance, identify runtime deficiencies, find potential failures, and fix production issues
- Build deep, full-stack knowledge of the complexity of our platforms and applications. Work to simplify and automate deployment processes, run-time operations, and provide non-disruptive releases.
- Improve the durability, simplicity, performance, and maintainability of our integrated landscape
- Apply your expertise to our most complex digital projects. Meet with department and business unit clients to understand their application needs.
- Be responsible for driving feedback and new design ideas back into the DevSecOps platform team. Help identify and remediate architectural problems, scalability, availability, and performance issues.
- Be an integral member of the core global infrastructure services team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate our services globally. Must be open to participating in an on-call rotation, as needed.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Cloud Automation professional we seek is a problem solver with these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Job Code
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experienceOr
Master’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experienceOr
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experienceOr
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Three years of working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technology platforms
- Five years hands-on experience with configuration frameworks for deployment such as AWS CloudFormation Templates, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- Five years experience running full stack application deployments and infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.)
- Five years of experience with various Linux environments. Distro's include Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, RedHat, and Amazon Linux, as Windows OS’s.
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
- Three years experience with automated monitoring frameworks such as InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf, Fluentd, Prometheus, etc.
- Knowledge of managing distributed runtime applications using programmatic interfaces
- Knowledge on running serverless computing and microservices
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.