Lab Assistant (UFCW) (2222824)
Are you organized, accountable, and have always gone the extra mile to make sure things are done right? Imagine the impact those skills can have in ensuring the accuracy of millions of healthcare tests, every month. If you share our passion for strengthening physician care, please apply for the Lab Assistant position!
LabCorp is seeking a dedicated and motivated Lab Assistant to join our team in Seattle, WA. This role works in a high volume data entry in a fast-paced, production based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 3:00pm -11:30pm
Site Location: Seattle James Tower, 550 17th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Responsible for the receiving and processing laboratory specimens and requisitions.
- Enter patient and testing information into the database, label, centrifuge, and aliquot all specimens, as needed.
- Maintain stability of specimen and ready for transport.
- Perform computer entry, filing, telephone communication and other clerical duties.
- Provides front line customer service to patients and clinic staff.
- Assist in training lab assistant staff.
- Act in the best interest of patient care and LabCorp.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Previous medical/lab/Phlebotomy or production experience is preferred
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.