Lab Assistant (2223021)
Performs non-technical procedures in support of the testing process from initial set up of supplies to disposal of waste.
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitors daily temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, water baths and incubators. Reports out of specification values to appropriate individuals.
- Performs periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Collects accessioned samples and places appropriately in active storage.
- Maintains storage system for identifying and retrieving samples.
- Prepares reagents, solvents, and other items to be used in assays, if applicable.
- Retrieves and removes hazardous waste materials.
- Assists with inventories, stocking and organizing supplies and communicates needs to management.
- Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provides general cleanup for the laboratories including cleaning refrigerators and freezers.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Labcorp, CLIA, CAP, ICH GCP, and other regulatory bodies.
This is for a First Shift Position: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. This position is located in Englewood, CO.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required Work Experience:
Previous experience or training in a health care environment or program or equivalent scientific studies at a college level.
This job description reflects the essential functions of the position and excludes those that may be incidental to the performance of the job. In no way is it stated or implied that the principle functions are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
This positions includes physical demands, such as moving up to 50 pounds and possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens, blood-borne pathogens, or toxic/caustic chemicals.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.