Associate Director, GOMA Cross-Franchise Scientific Engagement (R711)
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, GOMA Cross-Franchise Scientific Engagement is responsible for the execution of activities in support of Global Medical Affairs Scientific Engagement disease area and pan-tumor strategies under the guidance of the Senior Director, GOMA Oncology Scientific Engagement.
- Execution of Global Key External Experts (KEE) engagement strategy and operational plan. Management and updating of KEE mapping systems and consolidated engagement plans for global coordination of medical activities.
Manage and oversee coordination of Global scientific engagements (KEE, patient advocacy, professional society, and other HCP stakeholders) at major congresses, in collaboration with Franchise heads, GMAT leads, regional and country medical leads, and other relevant internal cross-functional stakeholders. This includes alignment with Global Marketing, R&D, and Oncology Business Unit stakeholders.
Support management of Vendor activities and tracking of milestones for payments of activities related to these GMA scientific engagement projects.
- Management of cross-franchise external medical education strategy, industry-sponsored symposia execution and support grants & sponsorships for independent medical education in concordance with compliance standards. Completion and submission of related legal and compliance applications and associated follow up with requestors.
- Responsible for the execution of disease level global medical Advisory Boards and/or other input-seeking medical activities in alignment with Franchise heads and disease area strategy teams.
Support management of Vendor activities and tracking of milestones for payments of activities related to GMA input-seeking projects.
- Manage consistent collection of cross-franchise medical insights from key global/regional/local medical activities in coordination with disease area strategy leads and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders and collate for reporting to key stakeholders and to help inform strategy and tactical plans.
- Support creation of standard operating procedures as it relates to Global Oncology Medical Affairs Scientific Engagement activities. Ensure all strategies, tactics, and activities are compliant with DS policies.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- PhD or PharmD strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- PhD/PharmD with minimum 3 years of experience in pharma at local, regional and/or Global level required
- Have a good knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology or other relevant disease areas
- Have strong knowledge in and understanding of scientific engagement activities (including advisory boards, symposia, etc.)
- Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities
- Strong planning, coordination, and organizational skills
- Strong influencing skills; Leads without authority
- Excellent project management skills
- Provide medical expertise to ensure successful product launches across functions
- Build strong internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders that maximize alignment and organizational effectiveness
- Integrate medical expertise with commercial perspective
- Expertly manage ambiguity and complex situations
Ability to travel up to 20% Travel as necessary
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.