At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Responsible for maintaining the site central (Boilers, Compressed Air, Chillers, etc.) and critical utilities (WFI, PW, Clean Steam, Nitrogen, etc.) system in compliance with local and federal regulations.
- Responsible and accountable for the job plans used for the maintenance execution of the site central and critical utilities system in a Biopharmaceutical manufacturing plant. This includes review and approval of all changes to job plans as a result of feedback to planner, change controls, equipment modification, etc. and ensuring material and task lists are accurate for the right first time execution of the maintenance activities.
- Provide support to all maintenance and operations technicians to assist with troubleshooting, act as Subject Matter Expert for technical questions, and ensure job plans are accurate and able to be safely executed. Ensure vendor completed work meets the necessary maintenance standards and is handed over appropriately.
- Support the Site Utilities Quality Events (QE’s) investigations following BMS procedures.
- Responds to problems and concerns; oversees the implementation of BMS policies, rules and regulations as they relate to the site central and critical utilities to minimize BMS risk.
- Ensure equipment is accessible to all maintenance and operations technicians to ensure safe execution of work. Collaborate with maintenance, operations and EHS teams to develop/revise Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Lock out Tag out (LOTO) documentation for PM. Update both as needed as a result of changes or continuous improvement.
- Ensures sustainable business process for changes related to job plans, LOTO, and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) as needed.
- Support and drive operational excellence with regard to Maintenance and Operations execution, including cost benefit analysis, review and/or creation of metrics and KPI related to Critical and Site Central Utilities. This may also include working with project engineering to support development of capital projects related Critical and Site Utilities systems.
- Understands spare parts needed for routine maintenance, and ensures spare parts are available.
- For new equipment introduction, works with system owner, functional user, project engineering and design engineer or vendor, as needed, to develop necessary training for maintenance and operations technicians, and to develop new maintenance and operations strategy and job plans. This includes that appropriate materials, parts, tools and skill sets are available to accomplish the work safely. May require travel to attend factory acceptance testing (FAT).
- Works with management on development of sustainable business process for new equipment introduction.
- Support training of maintenance and operations staff on techniques, new practices and technologies. This may include review and approval of documents such as work instructions, procedures, and training guidelines used to support work execution and technician training.
- Works closely with Reliability team to embed Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) initiatives to improve the reliability of our systems, equipment and operations. Identify areas of opportunities to optimize equipment and systems using Maintenance Program historical data. Assist with implementation of Predictive Maintenance, and introduction of new technology to support the program, and participate in review of failure tracking and trending for executed work.
- Ensure program meets necessary compliance requirements. This may include providing evaluation of the Maintenance and Operations Program against impacting policies and regulations, support of compliance investigations, CAPA, and change control impact assessments and support of health authority or internal audits.
- Ensure compliance with EHS guidelines, cGMP regulations, Company policies and other external agency regulations. Support the development of related procedures and programs, implement and monitor performance to ensure compliance.
- Works closely with management on the development of departmental budget.
- Works closely with Planning and Scheduling to develop standards for major maintenance overhauls and outages, specifically for Shutdown periods.
- Participate in and lead Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) exercises in conjunction with Reliability Engineer, System Owners, Maintenance Technicians and Utilities Operators.
- Able to perform, support, maintain, reconcile and audit, when required, SOP’s, forms, logs, trackers, site drawings, incident diagrams, presentation graphs and training/awareness materials.
- Collect Service Data in spreadsheets and perform Trend Analysis. Such analysis must be focused on the anticipation of possible issues and proactively addressing them.
- Effectively communicates with clients to support regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA etc.) and internal project teams for inspection readiness.
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of maintenance, operations and engineering generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in engineering, related discipline, or its equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in maintenance, engineering, or operations of critical and site central utilities in a biological or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of Maximo or other CMMS applications required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for engineering principles and building and/or manufacturing automation systems.
- Experience in working in an environment governed by SOPs and cGMPs and the know-how to work and manage within a regulated environment.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever-changing business environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment; lead small projects and development of maintenance and operations strategies.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are critical.
- Willing to provide on call support to a 24/7 manufacturing site, and work nights or weekends when needed to support emergent issue resolution or project implementation.
- GMP experience and safety knowledge (understanding of OSHA requirements)
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand, implement, and monitor regulatory and safety guidelines applicable to the biological /pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to impact & influence key stakeholders
- Environmental, Health & Safety regulations knowledge and experience Proven record providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, presentations and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and must have problem solving skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English. Both written and verbal are required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Occasional exposure to disagreeable conditions.
- Occasional exposure to potentially hazardous conditions.
- Minimum personal protective equipment (safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat) required.
- Frequent writing and use of keyboard.
- Special gowning as defined and required in the Manufacturing and required areas.
- Average absences from home of one or two nights per month not due to shift work.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.