IS Business Systems Analyst (Remote USA) (R-142904)
IS Business Systems Analyst (Remote USA)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will take your using your analytical skills to partner with sales and marketing teams to identify and deliver technology services and solutions that achieve commercial strategies and promotional business plans. This role delivers thought leadership to continuously improve and transform patient and healthcare provider engagement strategies and plays a critical role helping marketing teams leverage and sustain Amgen’s IS best practices, guidelines and standards.
Amgen is seeking a Business systems Analyst at our Tampa, FL, Thousand Oaks, CA or Remote USA location, to join the Global Commercial Operations Digital, Technology and Innovation group as a You will be part of the Omni-Channel Engagement team to deliver technology services and solutions that achieve strategies and business goals including insights and analytics on the customer engagement platform
- Support delivery of IS services needed across by customer engagement teams to ensure patient and healthcare provider promotions, education and support are executed to achieve business goals
- Communicate software and system designs using UML.
- Collaborate with team members to apply abstractions and service-orientation to foster scalability
- Develop Test classes and automation to validate business logic and avoid production issues
- Work closely with other developers in the team including business analyst, QA analyst and project managers
- Research [Register to View] capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide a gap analysis
- Participates in cross-functional teams to deliver initiatives/projects aligned to sales and marketing team priorities
- Provides hands-on platform support by identified and resolving defects and change requests in the sales & marketing platforms
- Works with peers across promotional brands and commercial COE’s to identify, pilot and implement capability improvements and new technology services
- Builds and maintains relationship with sales and marketing teams to represent broader IS services offerings, often liaising across brands, IS service managers and 3rd party suppliers
- Sets up and manages the service area from intake to resolutions of software and platform changes
- Independently researches and sustains domain expertise on patient and physician promotional strategies as well as industry promotional technologies to guide and build business cases for technology investments that position Amgen promotional capabilities competitively
- Makes independent decisions within the IS teams and contributes to the service area and GCOIS goals
- Ensures operational support and projects meet commitments to commercial teams, including:
- Use of Project Management best practices
- Use of SDLC and Agile Methodologies principles
- Communicates fluently across and up through organizations, including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks and business impacts
- Plan and facilitate discussions/sessions to elicit and translate business needs into technology requirements and long-term strategies
- Assess the impacts that business requests, process and data changes may have on system(s)
- Analyze and recommend changes to improve or re-engineer business and technology processes
- Accountable for quality of outcomes and technology adoption, including training for sales and marketing teams, technology teams and suppliers
- Development of project plan and schedule and effectively communicates status of projects and requests
- Development and participation of test plan in partnership with IS peers (SIT) and Business (UAT)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a person with these qualifications. Would you like to take your skills and help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines? If you are excited to work on latest and greatest technology stack, we are looking for you. The business analyst will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and get opportunities to solve some of the most challenging business problems. At Amgen, your work will improve the lives of millions of patients around the world.
The role will collaborate with various teams such as program management, development teams, operations, customer service, sales, brand/Patient support, legal, and safety, to lend clarification and support to requirements definition at all stages of the product life cycle.
OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Science experience
OR Associate's degree and 4 years of Information Science experience
Or High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Information Science experience
- 1+ years of experience developing software applications
- 2+ years of working with clients and vendors developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements capturing to release management
- Ability to work in a changing environment and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Superb interpersonal skills to work across and up through the organization, including partner/customer concern and mitigation of issues, risks, and business impacts
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities and the ability to use constraints as opportunities
- Working understanding of Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup principles
- Experience with Tableau and other reporting and analytics tools
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.