Sr. Material Planning Specialist (R1557502-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role is accountable to support Supply Chain and the Devens Cell Therapy Manufacturing team for the acquisition of material used in the manufacturing process and to track purchased materials from the shipping point of origin to the CTF Warehouse dock.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor the production schedule and the on-hand inventory to ensure that all materials are on hand for the manufacturing process
- Order materials based on customer needs and established min/max levels
- Update inventory documents accordingly
Product Shipment Monitoring
- Monitor inbound shipments to ensure timely delivery of material
- Coordinate deliveries with the CTF warehouse to ensure personnel support for material receipt
- Communicate delivery delays in a timely manner, especially when it pertains to a critically low, high value, or high demand material
- Communicate and material discrepancies with vendor
- Promote a mindset of continuous improvement, problem solving, and prevention
- Track and report metrics
- Participate in cross-functional teams to improve systems, processes or internal/external performance
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Life Sciences, Supply Chain, or similar
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
- Preferred but not required: Certification in CPIM, CSCP, and/or CLTD
- Minimum 4 years of cGMP operational or supply chain experience, preferably in a regulated pharmaceutical environment
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of inventory systems (preferably SAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lean/Six Sigma Yellow Belt or Green Belt experience preferred
- Experience in import/export and domestic shipping regulations preferred
- Demonstrated experience to:
- work within tight timelines
- Interact effectively with customers (customer service mindset) and bring people together to achieve common goals
- Solve complicated problems, effectively communicate problem statements and escalate concerns
- Present data and analyses in an organized, clear and concise manner
- Work independently for extended periods of time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.