Quality Data Visualization Analyst (334353)
GSK are recruiting for a Quality Data Visualisation Analyst on a full-time and permanent basis.
You will be part of a brand-new department with the objective of providing transformational changes to traditional quality methods to create modern, simplified, seamless and standardised approaches.
The Quality Data Visualisation Analyst within the Quality Digital, Data and Analytics group is accountable for designing and delivering the innovative digital visualisations and quality control tower within the GSK Pharma Supply Chain.
The Quality Data Visualisation Analyst is recognized as the expert in data visualisation and display to represent complex and diverse datasets at multiple levels of the organisation to meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK. The use of data and analytics across the Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) organization has become a critical objective to meet our Future Ready Vision. This is an exciting opportunity to drive transformational improvement in an under-developed area.
In this role you will…
- Feature Definition: Translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into value drivers of new technology solutions and product requirements that can be easily understood by product teams.
- Excellence in Visualisation: Identifying display strategies to translate complex datasets into simplified displays, contextually aware and with automated interpretation/focus. Pull on the capabilities of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning and AI to immediately highlight the most pertinent information to the audience.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Ensure all products within the domain are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, including external regulatory and statutory requirements (e.g. GxP) where required.
- Go-to-market strategy & change management: in the role of change agent, support both the product teams and the business in agile approaches to solution development and adoption, building excitement, momentum, visible success stories via a well-defined go-to-market strategy working in conjunction with partners from the business
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or similar discipline.
- 2+ years in a data analytical role.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the delivery of analytics solutions in Biopharma or large academic collaborative efforts in a life science field.
- Understanding of the Pharmaceutical regulatory environment, law and validation principles for applications of solutions to GMP environments.
- Experience of working under a project management structure
- Experience working with analytics and visualization software such as MS PowerBI, and/or broader knowledge of the PowerApps platform.
- Previous application of computer systems validation principles, through user requirements, design specification/definition and testing cycles.
- Knowledge of SQL / SparQL, Excel Power Queries, ‘R’ and DAX to provide automation solutions for visualisation from available data sources.
- Web programming and data structure knowledge – HTML/CSS/JS and XML.
- Experience of user interface design principles for high degrees of usability: minimising steps to data accessibility, delivering intuitive/training-free solutions. Ensure delivery is contextual (targeted to end user).
- Demonstration of network wide training design, to upskill across a range of technical capabilities across an organisation.
- Familiarity with cheminformatics enterprise software such as LiveDesign and Design Hub.
- Track record in successful solution design, programme and project delivery.
- Strong demonstration of delivering business impact through prior portfolio of business visualisation and data analytics platforms.
- Experience and proven track record of working as part of agile product development teams.
- Knowledge of application of predictive analytics, machine learning/AI, natural language processing and other similar technologies to provide pattern recognition, targeted escalation and risk management.
- Ability to explain and summarise complex and non-intuitive techniques to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated cross-organisational communication skills in a matrix environment, showing ability to both support and challenge stakeholders and agile product development teams.
- Courage: ability to challenge the current state and persuade to adopt future technology.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.