Lead Media Management DACH (m/f/d) (298038-gsknch)
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process. We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Lead Media Management (DACH)
In this role you will
- Work closely with the Global team to embed centrally generated best practice media planning and buying guidelines, KPI’s and standardised reporting
- Lead media as a growth driver, providing functional expertise into key projects which are designed to drive consistent growth in the organization (e.g. RGM)
- Develop, in close co-operation with the media agency, a negotiation strategy to maximise ROI on the media investments for Consumer Healthcare
- Ensure that the media agency operates at its full potential across all aspects of the business
- Fully enable the Marketing teams to drive digital media across all relevant brands
- Champion and manage paid digital media, driving adoption/usage of key existing platforms (e.g. Google Marketing Platform, Facebook) as well as pushing new innovations
- Serve as the voice of the role data plays in the planning and activation of media. Be a centre of excellence on how to balance scale and data-led approaches to maximize business returns
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Team to ensure paid digital strategies and effectively linked to the owned, earned and eCommerce work (separately managed by a different team)
- Be a recognised senior media voice in the business, and confidently be able to represent media in front of GMs or regional/global senior leadership
- Collaborate with Senior Media Director on the management of the overall media agency relationship and lead engagement with the agency’s regional digital activation team
- Drive key region-wide initiatives working with Area Media Leads outside of your area on topics including Digital Acceleration, Measurement, Best Practice Scaling, Repeatable Growth Model and Data Strategy
Qualifications & Skills:
- University Degree (Bsc)
- Profound experience in digital marketing, brand building, and communications in a Client-Side Media Team, Digital/Media Agency, or Media Supplier experience
- Must have full understanding of ‘Paid, Owned, Earned’ aspects of Digital marketing and how it fits as part of on overall, integrated marketing mix
- In-depth understanding of the media markets (i.e., media cost dynamics, landscape, media usage trends, etc.) and strong relationships with local media owners
- Experience in both media planning and buying along with a strong digital foundation with an ability to stay ahead of the ever-evolving media landscape
- Conversant with all forms of digital formats and measurement
- Strong negotiating skills as well as the ability to analyse disparate streams of data is needed.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Comfortable with ambiguity and building capabilities/organizations with very little definition.
- Strong networking and collaboration skills.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.