Manager Health Care Credentialing (31026184)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This role is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the credentialing process for all Abbott field based employees that are subject to “vendor credentialing” (such as sales reps). Credentialing is the process of satisfying the requirements of potential customers (like hospitals) that are prerequisites to obtaining access to the sites. This includes working directly with sales personnel, other Abbott functions (to coordinate providing information), and external credentialing organizations that issue the permission to access. The position must align processes/activities across functions without direct authority in order for Abbott as a company to meet the attestation requirements imposed by customers. This position ensures that sale reps are able to service customers without any disruptions or delays. Manages execution of corporate wide policies and procedures for HCIR credentialing to mitigate legal, financial, and significant business risk to Abbott.
Location: Abbott Park or any Abbott Locations Nationwide
- Develop and update policies and procedures related to the credentialing process
- Execute program changes and support businesses on implementation and compliance.
- Manage day-to-day HCIR programming for US based reps including, document controls, background checks, medical surveillance, and training
- Develop, manage, train, and support Divisional Representatives in the HCIR process.
- Communicate Divisional Level Responsibilities to the designated individuals for onboarding purposes.
- Negotiate with third party companies (Vendormate, Status Blue, etc.) on fees, procedures, forms, and exceptions on behalf of Abbott
- Regularly interfaces with Commercial leadership to keep up to date on policy changes, business needs and compliance impact to business.
- Work with third parties and industry associations to standardize and streamline the credentialing process
- Bachelor’s Degree, both overall and any industry-specific experience needed
- Experience in designing processes and coordinating across functions, highly desirable, program management
- Credentialing program (3 + years of experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.