Territory Manager – Structural Heart, SI Stroke (Salt Lake City) (31026657)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of Structural Heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
The Territory Manager, Structural Interventions is a field-based position, responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives. The Territory Manager will work with their Regional Director to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve annual sales objectives in assigned territory. They will coordinate activities with clinical consultants and negotiate contracts with external customers. This role keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity.
This particular role is focused on Abbott’s Stroke Prevention offering which encompasses patent foramen ovale (PFO) as well as the recently approved FDA approved AmplatzerTM AmuletTM LAA Occluder.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with regional manager to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
- Identifies key accounts, health care professionals, and business issues that have greatest effect on use of company products by meeting with existing and potential customers to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient care.
- Observes actual procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to gain insight into the characteristics and specific needs of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant Abbott Vascular personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Strengthens customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g. internal and external customer training, VIP trips, orientations, launches, and updates).
- Builds networks of contacts on behalf of company to stimulate interest in company's products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
- Educates external customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments.
- Maintains clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
- Assesses trends in managed care, competitors' strategies, and new product development by monitoring internal (e.g. sales growth, product mix, and pricing trends) and external indicators (e.g. competitors’ activities, technologies, websites, journals, and newsletters).
- Prepares and submits reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BS/BA or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of related work experience.
- Degree in Life Sciences or Marketing.
- Medical industry sales experience.
- Strong sales and clinical orientation, experience with products for use in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery and electrophysiology (EP), familiarity with echo cardiology and other indirect imaging.
- Stronger consideration will be given to candidates with Electrophysiology and/or Structural Heart sales experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance.
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans.
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
- Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.