Cell Therapy Capability Center - Instructional Designer (R1558295-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Reporting to the Cell Therapy Capability Center Lead, within Global Manufacturing Science and Technology, this is a key role to assist in the mission of the Cell Therapy Capability Center (CTCC) to harmonize and develop effective global training and learning content to assist the BMS Cell Therapies manufacturing sites in successfully providing life-saving cell therapies for patients.
The CTCC was started in 2020 to help with the standardization of process specific training curricula to assist the different manufacturing sites, and to assess gaps and needs across sites and for new sites coming into the BMS Cell Therapy network. The CTCC also is responsible for piloting new innovative solutions and technologies to enable learning, such as VR and AR. This role will also help to guide and participate in defining and refining the future state of the CTCC, to include the build out of a centralized facility for hands on and classroom training in Summit, NJ.
The successful candidate will be responsible for harmonizing existing training, assessing needs, designing, developing, and evaluating new training materials and approaches. The Senior Specialist will collaborate with the Cell Therapy Validation team, MSAT project teams, internal and external manufacturing teams to ensure training needs are assessed and met, and training solution implementations are successful. The CTCC team will enable mindset and behavior changes to ensure compliant reliable supply through developing and implementing training and capability building programs. Also, they will collaborate with counterparts in the Cell Therapies network to leverage expertise and knowledge across modalities and will ensure manufacturing process specific knowledge is transferred from tech transfer SMEs to manufacturing operators in a sustained manner beyond the HyperCare phase of tech transfers by creating job aids, reinforcement strategies and other mechanisms.
- Evaluate existing training, harmonize content and implement standards for training new employees and new sites for the network.
- Support the standardization and linking of site-based training, global training and continuous learning.
- Assess and prioritize incoming needs for learning solutions and support collaboration and assessment of global training needs across the many global manufacturing sites.
- Support and develop innovative learning for increased skills retention and virtual platforms (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, etc.)
- Assist in identifying, assessing and vetting external groups Needed to assist in meeting site and global training needs training.
- Support the life cycle management and continuous improvement of the CTCC.
- Assist or Lead implementation of pilots and training programs at key sites or for key groups.
- Work with sites to define and finalize the centralized training center (Summit,NJ) for content, equipment, and program requirements.
- Ensure manufacturing process specific knowledge is transferred from tech transfer SMEs to manufacturing operators in a sustained manner beyond the HyperCare phase of tech transfers by creating job aids, tools and other mechanisms.
- Excellent team player and cross functional collaborator.
- Good understanding of training principles, concepts and expectations.
- Travel as required to various sites ~25%
Qualifications & Experience
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in Life Sciences, Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, or Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in pharma/biotech or instructional design.
- Experience with instructional design, training, and/or curriculum assessment, design, and development.
- Preferred to have a degree or certificate(s) in Instructional Design ex - Langevin, ATD, 6Ds, EdX, LinkedIn Learning/Lynda, Mini Masters in Instructional Design / Instructional Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and develop strategy and implement large scale changes.
- Preferred Qualifications -
- Experience in Cell Therapy manufacturing and analytical requirements and best practices from theory, science and practical manufacturing applications and instrument use.
- Experience in GMP training environment.
- Understanding of learning technology and or AR/VR concepts.
- Experience working on global projects with cross-functional teams.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.