Senior Manager, IT Hardware & Telecom Category Lead (R1556325-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role focuses on the development of category strategies that define how purchasing will be done for the mature categories of IT hardware and telecom, including defining buying channels, purchasing policies, and supplier relationship management programs, etc.
This role will develop, maintain, and implement a 3-5-year strategic category plan that ensures all projects deliver maximum value. Additionally, this individual is responsible for overseeing the execution of category strategies by multiple cross-functional teams, including sourcing and contracting. This role will assist in the development of and adherence to strategic category management processes and procedures, supplier and category segmentation, metrics/KPI development and application, and contract management. This role is expected to ensure close alignment to business priorities and functional objectives.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop global category strategies with input from Business Partners with regional / market variations that define how purchasing will be done for IT hardware and telecom, accounting for history of purchasing these commoditized categories
- Develop a 3-5-year strategic plan to realize category strategy targets in alignment with business and capability roadmap priorities
- Define demand management opportunities at the category level
- Define buying channels and purchasing policies to drive compliance and adherence to category strategy, with a user-centric approach
- Define a supplier relationship management program, including segmentation criteria and a preferred supplier list for a given category
- Ensure clear roles and responsibilities between regional / local resources and global category leads to ensure “one-face” to the business/capability
- Lead and/or support major category initiatives within a multi-year plan including end-to-end process optimization, make/buy analysis and recommendations within a spend category and/or within a major business or capability area
- Ensure that small business and diverse supplier goals an initiatives are fundamental pillars of category strategies
- Develop and manage key category budget owners and functional stakeholders
- Champion Procurement training programs to better support business needs
- Drive co-ownership of initiatives and accountability based on agreed upon strategies
- Develop and implement metrics and reporting mechanisms to articulate value for the category
- Encourage cross-market and cross-functional collaboration to take advantage of synergies through effective business partnering and stakeholder management
- Support business growth by remaining current with market insights and sharing subject matter expertise to key Business Partners
- Ensure excellence in delivery of procurement initiatives that maximize corporate, business, and functional priorities and objectives
- Ensure compliance to the BMS process of gaining access / familiarity with emerging supplier capabilities
- Coach and develop cross-functional implementation teams to appropriately execute category strategies globally and regionally
- Assist in implementation of ideas that will optimize BMS total cost of ownership for spend categories, and support an emerging future pipeline of Continuous Improvement deliverables
- Champion effective use of tools and technology to promote efficient delivery of procurement initiatives
- Execute Supplier Relationship Management priorities by fostering collaborative relationships with highly strategic global / regional suppliers
- Identify, build, and maintain mutually beneficial relationships, partnerships, and alliances with select suppliers through Supplier Relationship Development programs
- Develop a list of preferred suppliers within a category of spend and manage compliance
- Recommend or implement changes to the organization’s purchasing, supply management and material usage policies as needed
- Measure supplier performance using rating systems or predetermined standards
- Minimum of 6-8 years of business experience
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience, or related category domain experience or relevant experience
- Minimum of 1 year Pharmaceutical Procurement experience, or working directly with Pharmaceutical Procurement teams or relevant experience
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Managerial experience including managing teams of senior professionals and establishing performance expectations
- Internal stakeholder management, data/information management, category management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier diversity, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPM, CPIM).
- 3 years Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations (e.g., ISM)
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP and/or Ariba system is desired
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.