Associate Director Medical Affairs Learning
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] style="font-size: 12.0pt;">www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs Learning is responsible to identify and address learning needs for Medical Affairs globally for processes and operating models, and to collaborate and partner with MA Functions to lead training initiatives. Accountable for contributing to establishing and maintaining a learning culture which promotes excitement for lifelong learning across the Medical Affairs community. Drives a global training curriculum for MA colleagues for their professional growth by prioritizing and managing curriculum design, content development and execution.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Drive the MA Training Strategy and collaborate with stakeholders to:
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the Medical Affairs training curricula and improve standards for development and implementation of training solutions
- Identify training requirements that are needed to support business processes and initiatives; address training gaps that are identified
- Ensure Medical Affairs colleagues, globally, are trained on Astellas processes, as appropriate
- The Associate Director ensures that Medical Affairs colleagues globally maintain professional growth by prioritizing and managing curriculum design, content development and execution through alignment and collaboration with MA Senior Leaders, Line Managers and Functional Leaders, to enable successful delivery of MA training programs.
- The incumbent ensures all training development and compliance standards are maintained. He/she identifies and drives training innovation, through best-in-class methodology and technology, considering adult education principles, to lead training for a Medical Affairs community and its key partners/stakeholders.
- Establishes standards/innovation in learning and training that are current and progressive with industry methodologies: defines, implements, and supports the most effective professional development practices by staying aware of, understanding the implications, and setting trends for instructional practice, technology, instructional models; demonstrate understanding of relevant educational issues and design/implement solutions to address
- Participate in creating a global training budget required to support the MA Training Strategy and business needs globally.
- Partner with MedComm, HR, Digital Excellence, Process Owners, Process Excellence Experts, and other stakeholders to support the strategy and drive change management for process improvement initiatives and ensure quality procedure updates and operating model enhancements are incorporated and kept current within training programmes/ materials.
- Oversee the measurement and track the effectiveness of training solutions and monitor, based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Builds and executes a multi-year, multi-purpose best-in-class training curricula programs and strategy that drive engagement and foster learning for projects or roles within MA.
- Benchmark in the Pharma Industry and utilize Professional organization to stay abreast of new and innovative methods (using adult education principles) to determine appropriateness for MA learning environment. Employ, as appropriate.
Leads MA Training Needs Assessments, Strategy, Design and Implementation:
- Assess and proactively identify training opportunities to enhance current and new training curricula; support new disease state and Digital excellence training initiatives, collaborate with HR and focus on role-based training for MA Colleagues.
- Drive the enhancement strategy for the MA New Hire onboarding program to continually enhance the MA New Hire experience for colleagues and hiring managers.
- Oversee Vendor Management through selection and project timeline -- (i.e., manage training vendor assessment (including costs), selection and oversight, when needed, to ensure optimal supervision towards development of training programs and materials that achieve training goals)
Technology & Reporting: Leads the effort to assess, recommend and implement new instructional technologies to drive successful training programmes (real time and virtual) globally
- Support the Digital Excellence team and collaborates on development of a Training Matrix for MA owned systems.
- Collaborate with Digital Excellence team to set standards and execution strategy for new and existing system enhancements.
- Enhance and drives digital communication tools to promote learning and networking opportunities within MA globally.
- Responsible for leading the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of robust training programs for 3+ new or enhanced procedures/operating models impacting MA, including relevant Development, PV, E&C or Commercial-owned processes.
- Drive the MA Training strategy by collaborating with Astellas groups to customize multiple training deliverables to meet the needs of Medical Affairs.
- Collaborate with vendors on projects to design and develop content or delivery of content from project origination to execution, including associated budget
- The position reports to the Director Medical Affairs Training, who leads the MA Training Function
- Provides leadership for MA Learning design and development, collaborating with MA geographic markets and Functions, to customize training deliverables that address gaps or improvements needed for the MA Onboarding Program and MA procedures/operating models
- Interfaces with members of the MedComm, HR, and Digital Excellence functions to address product and capability learning needs, support role-based capabilities development and disease state training for Medical Affairs. Liaison with Commercial to identify the opportunity for collaboration