Information & Systems Strategy Manager
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View]
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Position & Scope:
Business Information Reporting & Analytics (BIRA) is a leader in aligning functions across M&D organizations in areas which impact quality management; process management; non-drug initiative management, including IT components, to support business strategy; business information reporting and analytics; resource management; and learning and development. As the Information & Systems Strategy Manager this position will be accountable for leading specific business support processes and strategic oversight of complex information systems utilized within M&D through collaborative partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders in M&D and IS.
This position is responsible for leading small to medium sized clinical systems projects. This could include managing medium-touch systems or managing a suite of smaller applications. The Information and Systems Strategy Manager will be the system content expert for one or more systems and will have knowledge of other systems in order to assist the larger BIRA team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the leadership in the development of systems specific strategy and goals
- Provide project management for assigned clinical system projects including responsibility for all phases of the project
- Analyze and manage User Requirement and system change requests and coordinate user acceptance
- Develop detailed project plans and manage project timelines and budget as appropriate
- Ensure adequate resources are assigned in support of project/system including coordination of consultants
- Accountable for on-time delivery within budget constraints, in collaboration with IS R&D Partners (RDP) and other key stakeholders
- Manage system upgrades, integrations, releases and decommissioning
- Ensure deployment of system or new releases/upgrades including the timely delivery of project communications to end users and key stakeholders
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication and change management plan
- Provide system support in partnership with RDP and other business functions and where appropriate:
- Manage and solve user issues, communicate issues to vendor (incident and change management)
- Interface with stakeholders to ensure study system builds result in interfaces being set up appropriately
- Ensure the effective use of systems and compliance with internal and external requirements
- Liaises with business process owner, systems trainer and help desk support to ensure system feedback loop
- Support internal and external Astellas users within BIRA
- May deliver end user training and train-the-trainer sessions as appropriate
- Responsible for system vendor relationship management as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring system compliance and management of the support team.
- Responsible for budget and timelines associated with assigned system and associated initiatives.
- May provide oversight and management of vendors or contractors working on a project, as applicable.
- The position reports to the Sr. Manager or Associate Information & Systems Strategy Director.
- The position may oversee outsourced and/or junior support staff.
- The position will work closely with other functions within Business Information Reporting & Analytics support any gaps or improvements needed in the data model or reporting procedures for the system(s) assigned.
- The position works cross-functionally with other Astellas groups to develop and implement excellence in business and clinical operations.