Patient Centricity Fellowship Medical Intelligence & Solutions
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
Astellas is announcing a Patient Centricity Fellowship MIPI opportunity. This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
The Patient Centricity MIPI Fellow will report to Director (or above) in Patient Centricity MIPI team and will be assigned to work with a more senior MIPI team member(s) on planning and execution of MIPI projects(s)/initiative(s) with Research and Development departments. Fellow will be responsible for execution of projects and interactions with internal and external stakeholders as relevant to the projects. Fellow will use technical, medical, and scientific expertise gained from patient-centric approaches and other pharmaceutical industry training/experience to meet objectives. Toward that end, this role will require a some knowledge of multiple areas of patient care and access to care including the ability to research and provide insights into areas such as disease overview including epidemiology , the patient journey, current health care utilization, location(s) of utilization, costs of care, gathering of the patient perspective, others. This role will support MIPI analyses conducted for internal Astellas customers within Research and Development.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in disease area research for MIPI analyses including but not limited to:
- Identification of disease populations/subpopulations with continued unmet need despite standard of care
- Identification of locations where care is rendered and costs of care, overall healthcare utilization, numbers of patients within the target population/subpopulation in the markets of interest
- Gathering of patient insights for the MIPI analyses
- Work within Patient Centricity team to align appropriate patient input for projects being evaluated
- Work with other internal partners with regard to health economics, epidemiology, others
Incumbent will interact with a wide range of departments and position levels, including but not limited to global staff in DDR, NPP, NPA, Medical and Development, PPS, and AIA.. Position has direct impact on the company's ability to meet goals creating and delivering value to patients and their caregiver, ensuring delivery on VALUE Gene and CSP.. Position challenges incumbent to manage multiple project goals and timelines. Incumbent must be able to work independently on MIPI research and project(s) under minimal direction from manager.. Incumbent should be able to apply scientific/medical knowledge to assigned projects, and use working knowledge of relevant guidelines to assist in the success of projects and programs.
- Position reports to a Director or above in the Medical Intelligence and Patient Insights group within Patient Centricity Division
- Entry level into the Patient Centricity and/or Medical Affairs