Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Scientist, Imaging (345711BR)
Job Description 6000! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients. Analytical Sciences and Imaging (ASI), a platform group at NIBR, is a global team of ‘omics and imaging experts that advance technological innovation across the Institute by driving collaborations with project teams to enable new therapeutic platforms to deliver transformative medicines.
The Microscopy and Biophotonics team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist with expertise in imaging and interested in developing new microscopy assays that address challenging biological and drug discovery questions. In this role, you will have a solid background in assay development, microscopy techniques, and the ability to work in a fast moving, collaborative team atmosphere. If you are excited by an opportunity to translate advanced imaging techniques into tractable approaches for drug discovery projects within the unique and diverse Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research environment, join our team!
What you’ll be doing:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop novel assays for answering complex drug discovery questions using a multitude of advanced imaging technologies like structured illumination, lightsheet, airyscan, confocal, and multiphoton microscopy
• Interact with project teams across NIBR to evaluate project needs and provide insight towards imaging assay development
• Work together with data scientists to produce quantitative, decision-making data for project teams
• Contribute to writing, data analysis, and figure preparation for presentations, scientific reports and publications
• Present results in small group settings as well as larger project team meetings
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and bring in new techniques and broaden technical knowledge via departmental activities
• Mentor junior members and associates of lab and/or project team