Starting at $30 plus
The Delivery Supervisor is responsible for the quality and efficiency of the delivery departments and their operations.
In this high impact role, you will serve as a liaison between long term care facilities and delivery staff. You will train all transport personnel.
In this role you will:
• Coordinate work schedules and delivery routes
• Monitor work flow to analyze patterns and trends
• Review and set standards for staff
• Conduct routing staff meetings
• Attend management meetings as required
• The Delivery Supervisor is responsible for the quality and efficiency of the delivery departments operations.
• Driver’s license in good standing and a clean driving record
• Possess strong leadership and management skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Excellent communication skills and work well with other employees
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must maintain a valid driver's license
• Ability to use routing software (if applicable)
• Ability to drive a standard transmission IF necessary
• Current, valid Tennessee Class D license
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• 1-2 years’ experience as a supervisor
• Background in the transportation industry
High School diploma or equivalent
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.