• Create engineering roadmaps which will advance the team towards engineering goals
• Make informed technical decisions quickly and take ownership of applications at scale
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
• Provide technical guidance to other software developers in software design and development activities
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
• Experience with professional software engineering to apply best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements
• Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and performing assigned tasks within deadlines
• Be an advocate for and implementor of security best practices
*10+ years of software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications
*3+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
*Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
*Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Node js and Spring boot Microservices and other open-source technologies/frameworks.
• Experience with containers orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
• Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
• Understand security threats and patterns and ensure adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational and contractual data restrictions.
• Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, CircleCI, and Harness
• Exposure to service mesh platform, such as Istio, Consul, Kuma
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Experience designing and implementing Caching strategies using the in-memory datastores like REDIS and HazelCast and make them scalable for use at Enterprise level
• Ability to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
• Able to influence and present sound and well-reasoned positions to persuade individuals in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
• Experience in having architected, designed, delivered and operationalized scalable microservices-based web/ webservices applications in cloud native environments
*You possess a track record developing in GCP/other Cloud environments.
*Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience (HS Diploma + 4 years of experience)
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.