The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) job is a development focused role that is crafted to prepare you for a CVS Store Manager position.
The SMIT program is designed to enhance your career as a future store leader. We support your development towards the store manager role by participating in a self-paced, collaborative training over the span of 16 weeks.
We provide both virtual and hands on learning experiences to develop you as a leader. Our team of people, that support your growth toward your leadership career include: your District Leader, Human Resources Business Partner, Training Store Manager, and your Store Manager coach.
Some of the skills needed for this role are:
• Communicate well verbally and in writing to support and lead your team.
• Perform customer care duties to provide high levels of service.
• Execute merchandising strategies to support store sales growth.
• Manage the store inventory and assets to maintain profitability.
We are invested in your growth and anticipate that you will be as well. We expect our SMIT's to:
• Actively engage with your leader in Key Learning Experiences to support you on your path to promotion during the structured program.
• Support your store as management team member and lead in a manner that is consistent with CVS values and policies.
• Engage your colleagues in support of the company's purpose of "helping people on their path to better health."
• Be willing to accept promotion roles with the market that you work in.
Selection for the SMIT position does not guarantee promotion into a Store Manager position. Whether and when you are actually promoted to Store Manager is dependent on a variety of factors, including but not limited to performance and availability of openings.
• Willingness to accept a promotion to Store Manager role at any location in the designated market.
• Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy stores located within the designated market.
• Ability to work a schedule that may vary based on business needs.
• High School diploma or GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Retail management experience, or experience as a CVS Supervisor
‐ A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A four year college degree is preferred, or relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.