CVS Health is looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. If you're passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you.
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to the delivery of software projects through their technical efforts effectively with cross functional and cross organization teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Developing, integrating and deploying Android Applications
• Must have experience developing for multiple device sizes such as mobile phone as well as tablets, also including portrait & landscape.
• Experience building multi-threaded applications on Android platform
• Experience and understanding of the entire Mobile SDLC using Android SDK.
• Strong knowledge of: activities, fragments, collections, multithreading, networking, profiling, performance tuning, and offline storage.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the android application development.
• Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information.
• Promote proper implementation of Agile processes, techniques and principles
• Pro-active attitude; highly self-motivated and able to work without constant oversight.
• Strong desire to build in test from the start with TDD development experience a plus
• 4+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications
• 3+ years of experience working on Android front-end development with Kotlin experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Experience working in an Agile environment, preferably SAFE
• Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Good Knowledge of CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins
• Knowledge of Android networking and REST/JSON/XML Web Services and integration with 3rd party libraries and APIs.
• Strong Understanding of core libraries, application framework, and Android architecture.
• Should able to write efficient, well-documented code with Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio.
• Solid experience with OOP and design patterns, such as MVVM, MVC, Strategy, etc.
• Experience with concurrency including Thread, Handler, Rxjava, Coroutines and scheduling techniques.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field with or equivalent experience preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.